Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tankless Heater Issues

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
    Though I'm sure you already know this..Wardflex is awful.
    Unlike tracpipe or gastite, it's annealed so it's more flexible..a "selling feature" to plumbers, in theory.

I've seen it leak deep inside a chase after it had been pulled over a nail the wasn't completely cut through in a hole on a plate.
    Also seen it scrape on the sides of holes and caused a leak so slow we almost missed it.
    Then there's the fittings on wardflex...they use a graphite gasket that will perforate if you have the slightest burr on your cut, the leaks don't show up with regular leak detector because they leak inside the slip nut, tracpipe and gastite are metal to metal.
    duck, true, i wasn't impressed with ward flex and therefore don't use it. gastite is my personal choice and it's what i stock up to 1.5''. 2'' very spendy and i buy it as needed.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, what ever happened to this job? Everytime we talk on the phone, I forget to ask if you were able to fix it????
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
        Rick, what ever happened to this job? Everytime we talk on the phone, I forget to ask if you were able to fix it????
        i was ther yesterday and hopefully addressed most of the issues.

the recirc still needs to be reworked into the storage tank and out of the tankless.

notice the lime and mineral buildup from just 8 months in real service.

i will need to sch.a real chemical flush.

installed a remote thermostat in the hallway closet away from the children.

also flushed out the master shower. piece of junk "tempress" valve.

look at the time to fill a 5 gallon bucket with water both with the old gas line and new gas line and pure cold water through the heater.

lastly look at the relief valve soldering workmanship. this is a sample of their work. i installed the 3 way valves with propress and the new gas line and valve. i insulated the lines so i wasn't too concerned about the look of the relief line pipe.

rick.
        Attached Files
        phoebe it is

Comment

more photos continued.
          Attached Files
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            more photos continued.
            What's wrong with the old solder job on the T+P.95% of the talky techs don't know how to solder,who cares.

Comment

Rick, do you know how to solder? All I see are your pro-press pics

Yeah, I told you, you would have to flush the system, luckily you have installed the three way valves, this will make it easier. service is recommended every 12 months.

Nice job on the pro-press, you were able to get some results from also replacing the gas flex.

Overall, an ok job, you should have re-worked the re-circ pump This will improve the reliability of the unit over the years. Not sure why you chose to go back and"fix it later" rather then just correcting everything while you were out at the site.

ROBERT
              Last edited by mrs. westcoast; 08-02-2007, 10:29 AM. Reason: This is Robert,

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post

Yeah, I told you, you would have to flush the system, luckily you have installed the three way valves, this will make it easier. service is recommended every 12 months.

Nice job on the pro-press, you were able to get some results from also replacing the gas flex.

Overall, an ok job, you should have re-worked the re-circ pump This will improve the reliability of the unit over the years. Not sure why you chose to go back and"fix it later" rather then just correcting everything while you were out at the site.

Zeljka
                I guess now we know who the real plumber in the family is.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post

ROBERT
                  robert, the main issue was to diagnoise the problem with the installation and get the owner, a lawyer a nice hot shower.

he still wants to have the original plumbers address the other issues based on my suggestions.

the nice thing with propress is the weight of the fittings. these fittings are long sweep and are type k copper. with a recirc. line, it's always nice to have the best. plus who wants to solder in 90 plus weather and humidty i was already dripping just working outside.

this was my third job for the day and it was 6:00 pm when i got home. a long day. fortunatly the house is 5 minutes away. i don't keep the liquid flushing chemicals in the truck. to flush it will take a good hour of chemical cleaning. going back at a sch. time is best with a family and small kids. their kids, not mine

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

I just sent Ken a reminder it's time for him to flush his tankless.
                    Rick if you can tell me his grains of hardness perhaps I can better predict his next one.
                    Do I need to bring a set of flush valves.We no longer use Webstone.

Anyway I hope you don't mind My number happened to be on the letterhead.

Signed:
                    Your Buddy

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                      Rick if you can tell me his grains of hardness perhaps I can better predict his next one.

Signed:
                      Your Buddy
                      Adam dealing with customers?!?! Somebody's gonna' claim the Rapture is here.

J.C.

Comment

I'm also starting to see some of these kits offered by different companies at supply houses.

http://www.plumberscrib.com/Products...RTG-20124.aspx

https://www.globaltowne.com/product_...roducts_id/356

J.C.
                        Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 06-04-2009, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          Adam dealing with customers?!?! Somebody's gonna' claim the Rapture is here.

J.C.
                          I have a determined intervention group with an agenda.

Comment

Oh for Pete's sake,this is taking forever.Mark,Joey Rick all reading it and no-one can say anything yet?

COME-ON!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post

Signed:
                              Your Buddy
                              wtf

joey told me how you knew

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

At a boy Adam.

Mark
                                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                                X