X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tankless Heater Issues

Great pics and post, Rick. That's a lot of buildup in such a short time. Are you still struggling with softener issues out there? The guy is spending the $$ on a good heater and professionals to deal with it, but de-scaling that often amazes me. I ask because I've read softeners are causing a lot of debate in CA. In this part of FL, not too many people don't have a softener. Many times they start off with a well, then keep it after city water comes in. BTW, great locate for the thermostat, and nothing wrong with going back at a better time. If a busy restaurant wants a urinal pulled, I do it when the place is closed or dead. Unpleasant, smelly job, you don't need a bunch of customers, drunks, or commentators watching your every move.

Comment

rick did they use red brass fittings on the gas??

Comment

Originally posted by richinflorida View Post
        Great pics and post, Rick. That's a lot of buildup in such a short time. Are you still struggling with softener issues out there? The guy is spending the $$ on a good heater and professionals to deal with it, but de-scaling that often amazes me. I ask because I've read softeners are causing a lot of debate in CA. In this part of FL, not too many people don't have a softener. Many times they start off with a well, then keep it after city water comes in. BTW, great locate for the thermostat, and nothing wrong with going back at a better time. If a busy restaurant wants a urinal pulled, I do it when the place is closed or dead. Unpleasant, smelly job, you don't need a bunch of customers, drunks, or commentators watching your every move.
        i was originally hired to diagnose the problem with his tankless install as part of a very, very expensive home remodel. the original contractor was stumped

so i went there to investigate and had a few different issues that were pretty obvious.

until i crawled under the house and i didn't connect the real issues that the original contractor didn't want to share.

such as a shut off valve for the upper floor return in the off position.

that's when i determined that the return was connected to the cold upstairs
        trying to figure out the problem in a custom big home and the contractor doesn't share his known facts/ mistakes is why it took a couple of trips.

eventually i got them to admit their mistakes and assisted them in finding a solution without having to break open a tile floor and tile wall.

as far as hard water, beverly hills is the worst. fixtures lime up 2-3 times faster than in l.a.

rick.

Originally posted by plumbworker View Post
        rick did they use red brass fittings on the gas??
        it sure looks like a red brass 3/4'' x 1/2'' bell reducer. remember it's been 2 years.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Why should red brass be a concern?

Comment

Working...
          X