X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbers Diet

today joey and i went to costco for a few items and a quick bite. while i stood in line at the food court, joey found an empty table. i came back with our 2 slices of pizza. cheese only for joey and pepperoni for myself. along with a frozen yogurt.

i noticed that the guy sitting down next to us was a plumber that i've seen at the supply house on occasion. i asked joey if she always sits with the plumbers. she smiled and said that she sat down first. she too recognized him from a past fishing trip through the supply house.

what we commented on was the fact that he was eating an entire pizza by himself. we also noticed an unattended shopping cart parked across from us. the entire cart contained 2 gallons of milk and a 7 Pound bucket of licorice. my type of snack joey and i were keeping amused by trying to spot the owner of the basket. well we were both wrong as our plumbing buddy got up and placed his leftover pizza into the milk and licorice cart.

i guess this plumber fits the old stereotype of a plumber.

plumbercrack do you have an alibi of were you were on sunday afternoon

pictures enclosed as i happened to have my camera with me at the time.

rick.
    Attached Files
    phoebe it is

Re: Plumbers Diet

looks better than my diet ...... i just have the pizza
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I usually eat the polish dog at Costco. The only time I get the pepperoni pizza is when I feel like I need an oil change.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Im affraid that diet is starting to show on the other plumber . Did he know you were taking pictures of him? It makes me laugh thinking about you trying to snap a shot of this poor guy without him noticing

Comment

Stalking w/camera, ummm. Whats this world coming to.
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Of course he had his camera with him why else would he need 20 of them?

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
              Im affraid that diet is starting to show on the other plumber . Did he know you were taking pictures of him? It makes me laugh thinking about you trying to snap a shot of this poor guy without him noticing
              josh the funny thing was that he was at the table/ bench right next to joey facing my direction. joey and i were actually discussing whose basket was left there, not knowing it was his. so he had to hear the conversation.

as far as taking the picture, i just slightly paned past joey as if i was getting her picture and nailed it on a point and shoot. even missed his face. no cropping out.

i hope he doesn't visit this site. he's easily reconizable by wearing all black.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                josh the funny thing was that he was at the table/ bench right next to joey facing my direction. joey and i were actually discussing whose basket was left there, not knowing it was his. so he had to hear the conversation.

as far as taking the picture, i just slightly paned past joey as if i was getting her picture and nailed it on a point and shoot. even missed his face. no cropping out.

i hope he doesn't visit this site. he's easily reconizable by wearing all black.

rick.
                That seems a little like Voyeurism to me. We aren't going to find your handle on any upskirt sites are we?

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  That seems a little like Voyeurism to me. We aren't going to find your handle on any upskirt sites are we?

Mark
                  mark, i just started to take a camera with me to work and was at costco to print some photos. as you noticed by my run of photos in the last week, i am getting the hang of it.

don't worry about that site. i can do better with my seesnake videos. maybe a back to back toilet in the restroom

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

LOL-That's how it always starts.

Mark

Comment

I was all good till about 1-1/2 years ago.
                      I went in for a check-up and they did blood work, my cholesterol was over 270.
                      I was in great shape..blood pressure was fine, pulse...everything including my weight.
                      The doc told me if I wanted to live to see 40 I'd have to start with my diet and see if I could bring the number down without pharmaceutical help.
                      3 months later I was down by over 100...healthy range.
                      He was amazed...so was I.
                      I did a lot of research on what naturally causes high "bad" cholesterol and high "good" cholesterol.
                      Turns out there are 4 types of fat:
                      trans fat (bad) ; saturated fat (bad); (red meat, dairy, pastries)
                      mono-unsaturated fat (good); poly-unsaturated (good). (fish, soy, whole grains, vegatable/olive oil)
                      I drink coffee by the gallon, I drink milk like it's going outta style, I love cheese.
                      The main thing I did was start looking at labels, took most of the dairy out of my diet and replaced with fat free alternatives...switched to milk in my coffee instead of cream.
                      That right there was all it took, luckily for me because the doc told me it usually doesn't, that on average a persons diet only reflects about 20% of their cholesterol...genetics does the rest - usually.
                      Here's the kicker...the little things you don't realize - heart disease/attacks is the MAIN focus on lowering cholesterol, but once the plaque builds in your circulatory system it slows flow...which physically slows everything.
                      It could just be in my head, but I feel like I'm in my 20's again...physically I do things now that used to take much more time..I'd be outta breath more quickly.
                      So...when I'm leaving a store and there's a sausage stand...yup, I drool.
                      I go home and grill up a turkey sausage instead...pizza is out - period, until restaurants can start using fat free cheese and vegetable oil.
                      If you guys haven't had your cholesterol checked...do it.
                      Guy my sweety worked with just dropped to the floor on the job from a heart attack...left a wife and 3 lil' ones behind without warning - he was 39.
                      Last edited by DuckButter; 07-30-2007, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                        I was all good till about 1-1/2 years ago.
                        I went in for a check-up and they did blood work, my cholesterol was over 270.
                        I was in great shape..blood pressure was fine, pulse...everything including my weight.
                        The doc told me if I wanted to live to see 40 I'd have to start with my diet and see if I could bring the number down without pharmaceutical help.
                        3 months later I was down by over 100...healthy range.
                        He was amazed...so was I.
                        I did a lot of research on what naturally causes high "bad" cholesterol and high "good" cholesterol.
                        Turns out there are 4 types of fat:
                        trans fat (bad) ; saturated fat (bad); (red meat, dairy, pastries)
                        mono-unsaturated fat (good); poly-unsaturated (good). (fish, soy, whole grains, vegatable/olive oil)
                        I drink coffee by the gallon, I drink milk like it's going outta style, I love cheese.
                        The main thing I did was start looking at labels, took most of the dairy out of my diet and replaced with fat free alternatives...switched to milk in my coffee instead of cream.
                        That right there was all it took, luckily for me because the doc told me it usually doesn't, that on average a persons diet only reflects about 20% of their cholesterol...genetics does the rest - usually.
                        Here's the kicker...the little things you don't realize - heart disease/attacks is the MAIN focus on lowering cholesterol, but once the plaque builds in your circulatory system it slows flow...which physically slows everything.
                        It could just be in my head, but I feel like I'm in my 20's again...physically I do things now that used to take much more time..I'd be outta breath more quickly.
                        So...when I'm leaving a store and there's a sausage stand...yup, I drool.
                        I go home and grill up a turkey sausage instead...pizza is out - period, until restaurants can start using fat free cheese and vegetable oil.
                        If you guys haven't had your cholesterol checked...do it.
                        Guy my sweety worked with just dropped to the floor on the job from a heart attack...left a wife and 3 lil' ones behind without warning - he was 39.
                        Awesome job!!! I had found out i had type 2 diabetes 2 yrs ago, (29) One of the scariest things i have ever heard...Was hard to stay away from all the things i liked, pizza, buf wings, beer, mcdonalds lol...anyway im kinda glad i did get it, now im in the best shape of my life, i feel great, dropped 80 in 2yrs...I like being able to wake up in the mornings now and feel energy without drinking coffee....anyway, i know how tuff that is to get away from those sausage sandwiches and all...GOOD JOB!!!
                        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Great job Duck... very important thing to watch. Most people dont pay any attention to their diet until they have their first heart attack.

I think that changes in diet only effect about 20% of patients because only about 20% of patients actually change their diets or know how to change their diets.

I know someone who is close to me who "tried" the diet thing but was so totally off on what they thought they needed to cut out that it really had no chance of making a difference. so now they live with high cholesterol and take medication every day

Eat healthy everyone... I dont want to read any of you posting from the hospital.

Josh

Comment

Robert has/had high blood pressure 2 years ago. Started with high blood pressure pills 2 of them a day. Stopped smoking-started smoking-stopped=started again. Not until i cut all the fast food crap out of his menu his blood pressure started to go down.

No more mcdonalds,jack from the box,el poco loco and things like that.

He cut down on his ciggarettes to max 3 a day.

Instead i make homemade food that he can take for his lunch next day if he has time to eat.

Last time we had fries was at phcc show in long beach with you guys.

No more oil,sodium and fat and he is good to go

Comment

Zeljka

That's great and great of you to do for him. We are what we eat and drink. If we eat garbage food we turn into it. If we try to take care of ourselves we are rewarded many times over for our efforts. Now if we could just get the fast food places to serve some good healthy stuff and not just be in business to MAKKA DEE MONEY and not care about their customers....

Comment

Working...
                              X