X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moen rant

Pound for pound performance wise..Moen is the best in my professional opinion.

We are a company that will let the customer buy their own faucet. The problem I'm have with Moen now is..the ALL plastic pop-up they provide with these faucets! I don't mind the bottom half being plastic..but have a major problem with the top part being plastic.
    How many of you guys had to swap out their all plastic pop-up's cause you get a slow drip?
    How many times have you guys tighten the top nut..and you strip it out..trying to stop that drip?
    Anyone else frustrated with these pop-ups? I've contacted Moen..and they "brother-in-lawed me" to death with their responses.

Anyone else have this problem?

Re: Moen rant

It's not just moen, per say.
    Seems like all major MFG's are making more and more parts of plastic.
    Used to be only the cheapo depot faucets that came with those cheesey plastic tailpieces, now Delta's come with them.
    Alotta guys don't like Kohler...I do...for the fact that they make SOLID faucets.

Comment

i find that the faucets from depo and lowes are plastic pop ups. the supply houses are still brass.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Absolutely , plastic pop-ups are terrible

Comment

I am in the process of changing every plumbing fauct in my home over to a Moen line that my wife seemed to like. (I just built the house 7 years ago and all of a sudden, what she like then (a line from Delta) is not acceptable). Anyway back to the subject.

All of the faucets came from my main supplier and have all brass pop ups etc.., I believe there is a difference between what you buy at Lowes or Home Depot as opposed to the supply houses. All of mine are very solid.

Regards,
          Last edited by biscuit; 08-07-2007, 09:20 AM. Reason: 5 years of college and still cant spell or type worth a crap! :)

Comment

Duckbutter,

I'm with you. Just installed 4 spread handle Kohler units, I'm very impressed, absolutely beautiful and solid.

wookie

Comment

Talking about Kohler, any of you guys installed the DTV system yet? I work mostly in high end residential and have installed about a dozen or so of these in the past year. They are becoming quite popular, particularly with the body spray water tiles.

http://www.us.kohler.com/performance...11&nitem=cat11
              You will never expand your mind, if you do not challenge your beliefs.

By the reading of this post, you acknowledge and agree that the poster shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content contained herein.

Comment

I've done my share of Kohler multiple head showers...those O-ring set-ups can be a pain on the finish heads.
                As for this system...the shower looks great, but where can I get the woman thats pictured in the shower?

Comment

This had me thinking; in the year that I've worked with the company, I've replaced/fixed 189 faucets (I had them look it up). In that time it's never been a Kohler. Something to think about.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

just fixed that kohler bidet i had posted about 2 weeks ago with on the micro seesnake photo. i replaced the 2 velvet stems and gooped the pop up tail piece. the bidet was marbeled in thus preventing its removal.

the most common toilets i repair are kohler. the most common faucets i repair are price phister. mainly because they are very popular.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

In my opinion, the reason why plastic pop-ups leak more is because the threads are thick. When water runs down the drain (into the pop up), a few drops can run into the two holes that are used to let water from the overflow go. It makes its way down the threads, spiraling down past the thick washer.

If you take a look at the inside of the thick washer, you can see it has one or two "rubber o-ring type rings" built into it. This helps somewhat, but I ALWAYS use a little bit of 100% Silicone right before the washer hits the bottom of the sink.

I'm sure this is hard to imagine, but I tried
                      YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        the most common faucets i repair are price phister.
                        Price Pfister and Glacier Bay faucets only look good in a dumpster
                        YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                          I've done my share of Kohler multiple head showers...those O-ring set-ups can be a pain on the finish heads.
                          As for this system...the shower looks great, but where can I get the woman thats pictured in the shower?

On my remodel I bid everything for kohler, tubs, toilets, roman tub faucet, shower valves, apron kitchen sink, widespread faucets, k-s faucet, ped lavy, I don't think I am forgetting anything

I think for the cost, kohler is very well made. Never had any problems with their products, my favorite toilet is the kohler cimarron.

I hate those plastic pop-ups, they are junk, most of the depot/lowes faucets come with them, I have yet to get a faucet at my supply house with a plastic pop-up.
                          sigpic

Robert

Comment

When it comes to faucets I always recommend kohler when a customer isn't "bargain hunting"...they're solid.
                            Kohler in general is more a pain to install, but worthwhile.

Comment

I also like Kohlers steam units...surprisingly, they're easy to install.

Comment

Working...
                              X