Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
everpure problems Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • everpure problems

    installed an owner supplied everpure h-300 water filter system today.

    the cartridge had a small leak from the o-rings or the canaster at the top inside the filter head. not sure since you can't see the spot.

    owner called everpure for a suggestion. i spoke to the tech service rep. he asked me to wrap teflon tape around the o-ring boss between the filter and the o-ring

    i said absolutly no. teflon is not the cure for a bad o-ring or cartridge. they are sending her another cartridge in the mail.

    do you guys find that the everpure filters are overpriced? she paid $279 for the cartridge and the head. no faucet, that was extra. she said that was the best price she could find.

    the h-300 cartridge is $119. leaving the head costing $160. way to costly.

    what do you guys pay across the country?

    whould you have put teflon on an o-ring?


    rick.
    phoebe it is

  • #2
    Re: everpure problems

    Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    installed an owner supplied everpure h-300 water filter system today.

    the cartridge had a small leak from the o-rings or the canaster at the top inside the filter head. not sure since you can't see the spot.

    owner called everpure for a suggestion. i spoke to the tech service rep. he asked me to wrap teflon tape around the o-ring boss between the filter and the o-ring

    i said absolutly no. teflon is not the cure for a bad o-ring or cartridge. they are sending her another cartridge in the mail.

    do you guys find that the everpure filters are overpriced? she paid $279 for the cartridge and the head. no faucet, that was extra. she said that was the best price she could find.

    the h-300 cartridge is $119. leaving the head costing $160. way to costly.

    what do you guys pay across the country?

    whould you have put teflon on an o-ring?


    rick.
    teflon in o-ring groove is nuts and if it leaks who gets sued for the "deadly black mold". all that money and it leaks! with those filter prices and poor quality, another ever-ripped customer is born. Why don't people think to ask their contractors what equipment is good and fairly priced?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: everpure problems

      Originally posted by BILLG View Post
      teflon in o-ring groove is nuts and if it leaks who gets sued for the "deadly black mold". all that money and it leaks! with those filter prices and poor quality, another ever-ripped customer is born. Why don't people think to ask their contractors what equipment is good and fairly priced?
      Other than evrpre what are some other common undersink units.

      It would be nice to give people options.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: everpure problems

        Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        Other than evrpre what are some other common undersink units.

        It would be nice to give people options.
        aqua pure has a direct drop in replacement cartridge for the everpure.

        rick.
        phoebe it is

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: everpure problems

          Been awhile having to deal with Everpure. Years ago installed plenty of them.
          Sold by the store and I would install. Even back then they were over priced.Occasionally would have the problem of the locking ring not fully turning and locking the cartridge in, I used Dow Corning 111 silicone lube to slick things up a bit always seemed to work.You could have a defect in the head where O rings seat??? Anyway these days if a customer inquires about drinking water filters I steer them to reverse osmosis. Omnipure makes a replacement cartridge for the Everpure they call it the "E" series and I believe its under $20.00.

          wookie

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: everpure problems

            Rick,

            Throw that bullshit in the garbage and move on.

            As always, just my opinion.

            Your Hero,

            The dog
            the dog

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: everpure problems

              thanks dog. i too feel that everpure is a way overpriced unit. the #'s just don't add up. unfortunately there are a lot of these units here and people are suckered into thinking that everpure is the best.

              it's basically a carbon filter. i've cut many open to show the customers.

              rick.

              glad you're keep a good eye out for me.

              i know that the post by arron today (t&p)is going to put me into hot water for even playing devils advocate. dog someones got to do it and it's usually you. i need you back

              rick.
              phoebe it is

              Comment

              Working...
              X