Clear All

• my remodel

My remodel that i'm currently doing

Only 1 and half bathrooms plus kitchen and laundry room to go

http://picasaweb.google.com/westcoastplumber/Remodel
    sigpic

Robert

Re: my remodel

Nice and clean bro . I'm a little envious of the a.b.s. . Though it is legal here , no-one stocks it .

Comment

Don't look to hard at the venting set up, I have to re-do the flat vent, which means I have to cut it all out, try and come up with the space to vent it properly, atleast roll my fittings on a 45, or flat vent it and tie the vent into the main on the 60 degree.

I am glad that Rick pointed this out to me as flat venting is my one weekness, not anymore! I was up until 1:00 AM reading the illustrated training manuel, which I need to read more often by the way. I had to flat vent 2.5 bathrooms 10 months ago, no problems, remembered my code and everything, Passed inspection with flying colors, I got all mixed up on this one for some reason

I will re-do the ground work tomarrow, gotta work on the rest of the house today.

I am greatfull to have Rick and the rest of the guy's as I have no one to train me anymore, so I am greatfull for the time spent by all you guy's. I love to learn the right way, doing it right is very important to me
      Last edited by westcoastplumber; 08-10-2007, 09:42 AM. Reason: spelling
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Robert...in two of the pics of the underground layout there's what looks like an upside-down trap on the far end...what the heck is that?
        That ABS looks awsome..unfortunately, like apf, we don't have it here either even though it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
          Robert...in two of the pics of the underground layout there's what looks like an upside-down trap on the far end...what the heck is that?
          That ABS looks awsome..unfortunately, like apf, we don't have it here either even though it's legal.

HAHAHA, ducky, you so silly buddy!! The trap isn't glued in, I just dry fit it so debris wouldn't get inside, mainly dirt
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Regarding your putting the pics here...EXCELLENT idea, especially when ya work alone.
            I might do it too...let you guys pick me apart...keep me on my toes.

Comment

I agree on the pics, great idea. I bet there's good money in the remodel biz....

Comment

I love seeing the pics of work you guys do as well. Adds a lot more to stories and descriptions plus it does open yourself up to improvement by people critiqueing your work.

very cool.

Josh

Comment

Looks like you're going all out. How much of the rest of the remodel are you going to do yourself? How involved is it?

Jack
                  ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                    HAHAHA, ducky, you so silly buddy!! The trap isn't glued in, I just dry fit it so debris wouldn't get inside, mainly dirt
                    Gotcha...I usually just leave a dollar plug there for the head test and until it's time to install the pan.
                    With all the code differences we have I was just hoping you weren't gonna try to convince me that you guys have some kinda code that calls for inverted traps...then it'd be time for the prozac.

Comment

You being from California, I'm SURPRISED ABS is legal in that state, since ABS is oil based and is extremely toxic...more toxic then PVC.

New Jersey still uses a lot of ABS..but here in Pa...I rarely see it. You would be hard pressed to even find ABS fittings around my neck of the woods.

Anyways..looks good W.C.!!

Comment

I was going to mention the flat vent but I thought the UPC might allow it.

Medicine cabinet not centered over the lavy?

Don't forget those nail plates

Comment

Too bad there wasn't a shower being installed instead of a tub. I like to run my water closet drain towards the shower wall (if opposite of where the drain is suppose to run) and do a 180 and use the wall for a vent (if you can envision that) LOL!
                          Last edited by HouseOfAtlas; 08-10-2007, 08:29 PM.
                          YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by res057 View Post
                            Looks like you're going all out. How much of the rest of the remodel are you going to do yourself? How involved is it?

Jack

I am doing all the waste and vent, water and some gas.
                            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                              I was going to mention the flat vent but I thought the UPC might allow it.

Medicine cabinet not centered over the lavy?

Don't forget those nail plates

Spoke to the owner about the med cab's, she has other ideas, in the pics I will post tonight you will see I ran my vent over to the left because the electrician said it would make his job easier.

I will re-do the drains for the bathroom on the slab ( Proper U.P.C ) I discovered today that I had my head up my butt when I installed it the other day, glad Rick pulled it out for me I figured it wasn't correct I am glad he told me so!

I will post those pics for everyone also

I will try to remember to take some pics of the ocean on a clear day!
                              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
                              X