X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: water pressure

since nowbody has asked if this is a deck mounted valve. i will throw that out in the mix.

could it be a twisted feed line on a deck mount faucet?

for all that are interested in a similar situation at my brothers house, here is a good post and it's link

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12102

not quite what i was looking for when i went there. but the issue is in the copper line between the stem and the spout. look at the photos in the post.
    Attached Files
    phoebe it is

Comment

is it a jumper valve (washer)type tap?

Dismantle,remove washer, or remains there of and reassemble without washer.SLOWLY turn hot water on. Do you have better hot flow now?

Replace washer.

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
        1) This should have been posted on the "Ask the Experts" forum.

2) Utah is correct, this is a volume--not pressure problem.

3) This guy needs to hire a plumber, because he is clueless on what to do.

4) This is another, "I don't need no stinking high priced plumber, I'll just get on the internet and get simple answers" type of post.

5) Garanger knows nothing about plumbing (read his answers), why is he posting on the pro forum?

Aaaahhhh.... good to have the dog back

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          Aaaahhhh.... good to have the dog back
          Yep... missed the dog more than I even thought I did. No offense to Garager its just fun to have the dog back and barking.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            since nowbody has asked if this is a deck mounted valve. i will throw that out in the mix.

could it be a twisted feed line on a deck mount faucet?

for all that are interested in a similar situation at my brothers house, here is a good post and it's link

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12102

not quite what i was looking for when i went there. but the issue is in the copper line between the stem and the spout. look at the photos in the post.
            I can't get past those humongous grapes hanging from the solder joints (if you want to call them that) to see anything else. I look and I have to turn away or puke
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I vote to pull the valve stem out and try to flush the line as well...

Comment

I'm going to add this, which will bring me no fans.
                You stand corrected...one fan.
                I am sick and tired of people treating my profession as a second class operation. Granger's post is indicative of this. The "I'm not a plumber, but here's what I think" answer to technical questions is an insult to our trade. It makes the internet useless as a research tool on forums because anyone will respond expertise or not.

No Granger, your assumption is wrong.

I want to change my vote to we set up a pro's only forum.
                I wouldn't word it quite that way, but your "Dog"...thats you.
                When I want a TRUTHFUL answer I know it'll come from you...I've said this from the start, you might be a pain in the a--, but I'll take that over sugarcoating any day.
                What kills me are the customers I get that stand over my shoulder and say things like: "I looked this up on the internet and found out that you could do it this way instead...", "I've been told that the valve your putting in isn't the best", "Aren't you s'posed to use 'XXX' brand solder?", "Wouldn't it have cost me less if you'd used PEX?".
                We can't censure communication, so I just don't reply when I see someone on the internet say something like "I want to add a bathroom in my other house before I sell it and want to ask how to do it...", or "My boiler is running weird...how do I.....?"
                Dog, maybe you missed the fact that this guy "said" he's already had a plumber there, but IF you want to do another vote that we maybe see if Josh has some way of setting up a private forum strictly for pro's...heck count me in.

Comment

I got a call yesterday and while I was out working the lady of the house said to me.

"Do you know anything about water pressure ? "
                  I said sure.
                  she then told me that the plumber was out all day the day before and couldn't fix her water pressure problem to her washer.
                  I went in and took out a wall panel and saw this mess.
                  The whole time she kept saying he already looked in there.....lol

I cut it out and slapped some shark bite on the plastic line to the 1/2 galvanized pipe and "bang" we now have water. Her water would only drip out of the boiler drain before the repair. Here's what I found in that little 1/4" fitting.

I flushed out the line and hooked it back to the washer.
                  I then told her to replace her Hot Water Heater or the washer would soon be plugged
                  Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 08-15-2007, 11:55 AM.
                  http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I'd have given her the lowdown on the galvy pipe too...usually on an emergency call they might not have the bucks to do that work, but if you'd told her ..it's work down the road.
                    Also...I'd bet money she called a "handyman" service...I just can't see a plumber missing that after looking right at it!

Comment

Yea it`s hard to tell em that there's a better way to plumb it because they always say "It`s worked that way for a long time"
                      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X