X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbing in Iraq

As some of you know my oldest son Jaysen is a Captain in the Army and flies Apachee helicopters. Jaysen called me this morning from Iraq and told me he installed three water heaters last week.

Apparently if his unit wants showers they have to build them themselves. The Army supplied some plywood, tubing, pumps, barrels, valves and water heaters and wishes them luck.

By going through regular channels they have to walk quite a way to get to the regular showers or wait months for the engineers to find time to help them.

Knowledge of plumbing is something I have given all 6 of my kids.It just goes to show you never know when you may need to use what your dad taught you as a kid.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

If only we could make them understand (at the time) how valuable that information may be to them in the future.

Comment

May God bless your son and every kid over there. Any problems I, or anyone else on this forum, have are small compared to their situation.

the dog

[ 10-18-2005, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: plumbdog10 ]
      the dog

Comment

Amen, Dog.
        Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Thanks guys for the nice words. On top of everything else Jaysen is a Unit Commander and the Battalion Mayor. He makes sure all of his men are as comfortable as they can be.

On a Motorcycle Site Jaysen and I both belong to he got a bunch of people to donate cable TV supplies so his guys can watch TV in their housing. Then in his spare time he’s adopted the school next to his base and had his mom set up a group who has knitted several hundred hats for the kits to wear this winter.

Jaysen is living a dream he’s had since he was a very young kid. How could I not support his dream?

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
          X