Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wives & Plumbers

Wow Duck,

You lucky Man.A beautifull wife for the rest of your life.

So many thoughts to offer,so little time to type.

I have had the experience of having someone I cared about get close to the business,it made for conflict in that situation because money was not percieved correctly by her for what it was.She was a worthless Barbie doll.

On the other hand,Melissa,as Joey,has a full time job.She is welcome to get as close to my business as she wishes.This is because she understands Working for money,and is much better at conserving than I.She has been to my projects met big wigs,employees(prt tme) seen money in and out to the penny and person.So she percieves money as I,A tool not a toy.

You know more than anyone,she's your Lady

As said earlier the more trust and respect,the more possible it may become.

Adam.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      Wow Duck,

You lucky Man.A beautifull wife for the rest of your life.

So many thoughts to offer,so little time to type.

I have had the experience of having someone I cared about get close to the business,it made for conflict in that situation because money was not percieved correctly by her for what it was.She was a worthless Barbie doll.

On the other hand,Melissa,as Joey,has a full time job.She is welcome to get as close to my business as she wishes.This is because she understands Working for money,and is much better at conserving than I.She has been to my projects met big wigs,employees(prt tme) seen money in and out to the penny and person.So she percieves money as I,A tool not a toy.

You know more than anyone,she's your Lady

As said earlier the more trust and respect,the more possible it may become.

Adam.

Well said Adam. Congrates Ducky on the wedding. you will fgure it all out in due time, it just takes a little time to come toghether
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Congratulations,

First keep business and home finances separate, pay your self a salary, and that is your home moneys, the other is business,

years ago when I first started we had one account, and it was a mess, neither one knew what was going on,

I soon opened up a business account, and took care of that, (yes she has the ability to write checks on that account, and vis versa), but the separation of the two, home and business is essential in my opinion,

and if you want her to work in the business then hire her as an employee, and go from there, as to what duties she is to do, (my #2 daughter works for her husband and enjoys "her money") now where the fun comes in, your pay check is hers as well, ,

since I do more farming than construction any more, and my business is the same as my home place, I will pay some of the expenses for the buildings and the upkeep power, out of the busness account, and wife pays for other expenses out of the home account, (more for book keeping and taxes),

you will have to figure out your own system of money management as to personalities and habits, and spending quirks and philosophies you each have,

IN my sons case his wife is better handing the finances than he is, so it may jsut depend on what your skills are and your business sense, and who is the best manager in that realm.

My #1 daughter has a great business management abilities, I think my wife probably has better business sense than I do, but doesn't want to work in the business, and basically does volunteer work for a no profit, (i told her I was a not profit entity as well, but it did not work).
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Guys, thank you all for the congrats.
          Thank you all for the realistic thoughts...EXACTLY what I was hoping for.
          What Mark and Brenda have is very unique, special and unusual.
          I wouldn't begin to think her and I could just jump in and expect things to roll as smoothly as that.
          I think it best for now to err on the side of caution and do small "test" increments via trial and error...see how things fall and take it from there.

Comment

As a follow up to my earlier post, last week Brenda stayed home and played Grandma while I inspected 17-homes a day in 100+ degree weather. This week will be a little different.

Job #1: Representing a GC who did a large school project. First inspection is a survey started Monday night at 5:00 PM followed by two full days of test pits Tuesday and Wednesday.

Job #2: Representing a Developer and testing Monday through Thursday.

Job #3: Representing a Manufacturer with inspections Monday through Friday.

Here is how it will play out:

Monday: Work with Brenda on Job # 2 until 4:00 PM so that I can show her what I want. At 5:00 PM I will go do the survey while Brenda goes out to dinner with our friends.

Tuesday: I will be on Job #1 while Brenda is on Job #2.

Wednesday: I will be on Job #1 while Brenda is on Job #2.

Thursday: I will be on Job #3 while Brenda is on Job #2.

Friday: I will be on Job #3 while Brenda gets to go home.

I will end up losing 3-days of work on Job #3 but they called too late for me to change things. However, without Brenda I would have lost 3-additional days which she is now covering.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
            X