Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just an observation

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
    Sounds like you have it together, how about getting off SS so I don't have to pay your check every week.
    Keep talking Dog, I lose more respect for you with every word you type. I know, I know, you don't care what others think, blah, blah, blah.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      Keep talking Dog, I lose more respect for you with every word you type. I know, I know, you don't care what others think, blah, blah, blah.

Don't take it personal Ben,

What pissed everyone off is that he is authorized dealer and the fact that he might be on this site just to offer his services..through his previous plumbing experience

Damn, if i was the owner of a xxx brand and selling that products on my site and had a forum and someone jumps in and offers the competition or trying to beat my product down i would be even worse..

We all have our very strong opinions,personalities and different perspectives of life and everything else...

We will not agree that is definatly...Some people work all their life with integrity, honesty,value..some don't...

It's about goverment....Some people should desrve disability and it is so sad that when they do it is worth nothing and yet you cannot work cause noone will hire..Somehow you need to do whatever it takes to support yourslef and your family..

Some people are just scammers and to those people you check goes to...And that pisses me off..Makes me so mad...But that is for a different discussion..

Personally i hate advertisers..I hate when they are calling me on the phone..i hate when they are sending me e mails,i hate when i get it in my mail...but we all need to work to support our family...And that is when all boils down to..

Dog speaks his mind,i speak my mind,you speak your mind....I don;t think dog is rude .. And i don't think i'm rude...

We all say it on the different level

I JUST WENT BACK TO RE-EAD JERRY'S POST AGAIN AND HE WASN'T ADVERTISING,HE WAS JUST SAYING HIS BIOGRAPHY...

ps-sorry for misspelling,i'd correct it,but i know you will understand it
      Last edited by mrs. westcoast; 08-21-2007, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Guys lets keep in mind Jerry has been doing hard labor for 40-years and has been mentioned earlier your body can take a punishment after all of those years. I hope you young guys have a just-in-case plan laid out because it is easier to become disabled then you may think. Our bodies are not a renewable resource so make your plans now.

Mark
        Last edited by ToUtahNow; 08-21-2007, 10:40 PM.
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
          Sounds like you have it together, how about getting off SS so I don't have to pay your check every week.
          Why not tell the guys in the ghetto who roll around in Escalades on 26" rims that? Seems like Jerry has busted his *** his whole life and if anyone should get SS, it should be him.

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Guys lets keep in mind Jerry has been doing hard labor for 40-years and has been mentioned earlier your body can take a punishment after all of those years. I hope you young guys have a just-in-case plan laid out because it is easier to become disabled then you may think. Our bodies are not a renewable resourse.

Mark
          I hear ya, Mark. I'm only 24 (almost 25) and I know what you are talking about and will take this advice. Doing heavy squats, deadlifts, etc. can take a toll on the body, also. That's why I'm switching over to drain cleaning instead of plumbing. I don't think my elbows will be able to take the punishment of using pipe wrenches on a daily basis AND lifting heavy.

Plus, the K-60 will be my savior since I won't have to haul a K-7500 up and down the stairs for every job
          YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
            Plus, the K-60 will be my savior since I won't have to haul a K-7500 up and down the stairs for every job
            wow, what a great idea, wish i thought of that

oops, i did

thanks to mark

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I'm 43 tommorrow and 10 - 12 months ago I could barely walk yet still worked 40 , 50 , 60 hrs a week . I have 3 bulged discs , 1 degenerated disc , knee surgery from falling through a floor on a remodel 7 years ago and I could no longer hold up my head when working from underneath . Oh , also many bone spurs in the back . I'm not telling you this for pitty . On the contrary , I consider myself very fortunate . I found a great chiropractor who I see 1 or two times a week . I can turn my neck without turning my whole body , I'm walking almost upright .I couldn"t drive with-out my foot , ankle and calf going numb . Life is frickin good . Like anything , the doctor must be a good mechanic , if you will . I share this with thoughs of you who may be experiencing similar pain , you may be able to live more comfortably. By the way , I stretch a full hour everyday , but it pays off . Just wanted to share .

Comment

I will continue to embrace advances in technology/materials/tooling that increase my efficiency.

I decided long ago to work smarter not harder.Ive got better things to do than plumbing,not to put down the trade.

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                  Don't take it personal Ben,

What pissed everyone off is that he is authorized dealer and the fact that he might be on this site just to offer his services..through his previous plumbing experience

Damn, if i was the owner of a xxx brand and selling that products on my site and had a forum and someone jumps in and offers the competition or trying to beat my product down i would be even worse..

We all have our very strong opinions,personalities and different perspectives of life and everything else...

We will not agree that is definatly...Some people work all their life with integrity, honesty,value..some don't...

It's about goverment....Some people should desrve disability and it is so sad that when they do it is worth nothing and yet you cannot work cause noone will hire..Somehow you need to do whatever it takes to support yourslef and your family..

Some people are just scammers and to those people you check goes to...And that pisses me off..Makes me so mad...But that is for a different discussion..

Personally i hate advertisers..I hate when they are calling me on the phone..i hate when they are sending me e mails,i hate when i get it in my mail...but we all need to work to support our family...And that is when all boils down to..

Dog speaks his mind,i speak my mind,you speak your mind....I don;t think dog is rude .. And i don't think i'm rude...

We all say it on the different level

I JUST WENT BACK TO RE-EAD JERRY'S POST AGAIN AND HE WASN'T ADVERTISING,HE WAS JUST SAYING HIS BIOGRAPHY...

ps-sorry for misspelling,i'd correct it,but i know you will understand it
                  One good thing about Jerry's talk about his machine is that it introduced us to DC powered snakes and SS cables. I for one did not know either existed. If the guys at Ridgid this morning are not talking about DC powered snakes then they're letting opportunity blow by them because Trojan's the only one in town with them.

Say what's on your mind. That's a good thing. But how you say it is a different story. I'm not the politeness police but where does Dog get off telling Jerry to get off SS. Who the F*** is he? No one's even met the guy or seen a picture. Hitler spoke his mind, does that make him a good guy? Of course I'm not comparing Dog to Hitler but I'm making the point that thinking out loud only goes so far in the character department. What gets me worked up is that I HATE bullies. That's what Dog is. A bully that's been on forum for a long time. That does not warrant respect. He adds nothing useful to the forum and I have for one have enjoyed his vacation.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

THe idea of the stainless cables is very interesting indeed .

Comment

I don't intend this to be a sob story, yes you do have to take care of your body. My brother in law did plumbing and pipe fitting in the USAF for 16 years, then was told to retire. Also for 10 years he worked for a private contractor doing plumbing after his days of work w/the Air Force and on some weekends. 3 back surgeries, 2 knee surgeries, carpel tunnel, etc. He was a walking man in constant pain. No way could the Doctors make him feel better, no medication would either. I respected this guy because he was a hard worker and taught me damn near everything he knows, about plumbing. One night he got drunk, couldn't handle the pain no more and hung himself in a tree. He could never get another job because the way his body was, disability was horsesh!t, and this was his easy way of getting rid of the pain from plumbing work. 3 more kids in the world w/out they're father. Life is only one time around, so respected how you do work, I know easier said than done.

Mark
                      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I get frustrated when it's 6: pm and the drip on my water line won't stop, I think about sharkbite or tectite fittings and how I'd be done if I were using them.
                        I also have heard "whispers", rumors, that there has already been trouble with them (corporations hushing potential lawsuits??...naaaahh...never.)
                        I was taught to do things in a way so that there are no lingering doubts when I go home.

Here's my take:
                        We all know what "special interest" is...politicians accepting campaign contributions from tobacco corporations was a great example.

Bottom line - money
                        Home Depot has proven that the DIY market is vastly larger than the professional supply market when it comes to service/repair. A simple walk through any HD plumbing section is proof of this as we listen in on tutorials on "how to" on just about any topic. In my state about 10 years ago they were even fined for openly advertizing water heater classes that offered free instruction on how to install them yourself.
                        I just find myself wondering how they've been able to continue offering free one on one "tutorials" since without anyone noticing.
                        I'm not saying that new is bad...I am saying we really oughtta scrutinize the true source of opinion on new materials like Sharkbite, and whether what we're hearing isn't marketing hype.
                        I'm not saying new is bad, nor am I saying I won't consider easier ways to do my job.
                        I am saying I'm skeptical of hype.
                        Last edited by DuckButter; 08-23-2007, 04:13 PM.

Comment

OK...here's something I forgot I'd found recently.
                          It might just be isolated, but not according to what they say Zurn has admitted.
                          There are plenty of debates on what types/MFG's are less quality.
                          I just stand back and observe as it unfolds.

Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Zurn Pex and Zurn Industries Relating to Failure of PEX Plumbing Systems in Homes

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                            OK...here's something I forgot I'd found recently.
                            It might just be isolated, but not according to what they say Zurn has admitted.
                            There are plenty of debates on what types/MFG's are less quality.
                            I just stand back and observe as it unfolds.

Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Zurn Pex and Zurn Industries Relating to Failure of PEX Plumbing Systems in Homes

oooop's, sounds like a case for mr utah (mark) I am not one with zurn, but rehau and wirso are two I used alot in another state, I wonder if this will start a wildfire.......
                            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Very well said Tieger, I agree on many levels.
                              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Tieger -

HANDS DOWN..The best Post I have read on this site so far. You put a lot of things into perspective..and I totally agree with what you're saying.

I NEVER use a fernco on cast iron...I have no problems breaking out my packing irons, and lead runner..and pouring a joint. I honestly feel like a craftsman packing and pouring joints, cause not a lot of people can do that. I know a few service Plumbers in my area who can't pack and pour a joint..which is a travesty IMO.

$25.00 hr for helpers? *making mental note, so I can ***** at pop in the morning over that one for when I was younger* lol

Comment

Working...
                                X