Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Removing a water closet by yourself

Rick,

The motar trays are very under-rated. We had them on every truck and used them for everything from pulling a water closet to hauling dirt and broken concrete from a slab leak.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I carry a hand truck with me , no problem . I'm 43 . My motto is work smarter , not harder .

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        Rick,

The motar trays are very under-rated. We had them on every truck and used them for everything from pulling a water closet to hauling dirt and broken concrete from a slab leak.

Mark
        also the bus boy trays are great too. i buy them at smart and final for $3.00. a little small for a toilet, but great as a sled under a house or for catching waste under a trap.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by HouseOfAtlas View Post
          Alright, we need a picture of that toilet cart LOL!
          i will get one posted in a few days as i need to get it out of moth balls

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Alright, we need a picture of that toilet cart LOL!
            This may be what Rick is talking about.

http://www.pipetytes.com/toilettruck.html

The use to advertise in the back of the Reeves Journal and such.

Mark
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              This may be what Rick is talking about.

http://www.pipetytes.com/toilettruck.html

The use to advertise in the back of the Reeves Journal and such.

Mark
              good research mark but mine pre dates this.

also mine is hydraulic based and not screw based.

i will post a photo in a few days.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

I'm interested in how 2 guys would approach this differantly. would 2 guys carry out a toilet?
                Brent

Comment

Cool I don't remember an hydraulic one. The idea was not bad but they just seemed too bulky to keep on the trucks.

Mark

Comment

If the toilet is going to be trashed i keep a roll of heavy plastic sheeting on my truck, lay a piece out,, set toilet on it, fold it up and duct tape it closed. No water drips or wax on the WHITE carpet and no nasties on me I do have a toilet caddy that i use for placement occasionally, don't know the name but it does fold up. Good tip on the busboy trays I'll check it out, my wife is tired of me stealing the shallow pans from the kitchen to catch p-trap water!!

wookie

Plastic sheeting is good for those sprinkler soaked crawl space access holes!

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      Drain the tank. Flush toilet, plunge it to get out excess water. Undo flange nuts, riser. place cardboard next to toilet. Straddle toilet and pick up under tank and pick straight up and put on cardboard sheet.

Thats how I do it I would think 2 people would be 1 to many in most restrooms
                      http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

I have a wet vac and suck all the water out of the tank and bowl. I'm a pretty big and tall guy so..I carry the toilet in a special way in where it doesn't put strain on my back.

I carry everything out in 1 piece.

I agree with West Coast..1 piece toilets are a bugger!

Comment

I know how to change a toilet. I've done it hundreds of times (literally). But, I work with another guy so I've never had to do one by myself.

As title of the thread reads, "Removing a water closet by YOURSELF". I just wondering if there were any tips on doing it by yourself. These forums are meant to learn from one another, right?
                          If you've changed toilets "hundreds of times" you really need to get a clue on how to do this stuff. If you're calling yourself a plumber, which you do on your profile, pay more attention on the job. It may seem harsh, but you're going nowhere if you have to ask the questions you are asking.

Pay more attention on the job, you'll get ahead faster.
                          the dog

Comment

Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
                            If you've changed toilets "hundreds of times" you really need to get a clue on how to do this stuff. If you're calling yourself a plumber, which you do on your profile, pay more attention on the job. It may seem harsh, but you're going nowhere if you have to ask the questions you are asking.

Pay more attention on the job, you'll get ahead faster.
                            You're 44 and still don't know how to read. That's sad

There is a big difference on doing jobs when you have two people compared to one person (some jobs, not all).
                            YourHomeContractor.com - The Trusted Online Community For Homeowners and Contractors.

Plumbing Reviews

Comment

Dog is back and in a growlin mood.

Comment

He's probably drooling in anticipation of his next victim, maybe some of this stuff will help;

Bad Dog Drool

"When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                                John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Working...
                                X