home owners forget how to clean before remodeling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home owners forget how to clean before remodeling

do you run into jobs where the home owner stops cleaning their bathroom weeks-months before remodeling?

Re: home owners forget how to clean before remodeling

I haven't had that yet, but the other day, I went into a house to give an estimatet ot replace three toilets, the toilet on the 3rd floor, she said she stopped using it some months ago, was dried up with what appeared to be crap and toilet paper, the seat was removed, proably on another toilet

Nasty, but oh well, I don't live there, nor would I ever live like that, for any period of time, remodel or no remodel.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by BILLG View Post
      do you run into jobs where the home owner stops cleaning their bathroom weeks-months before remodeling?
      I havn't yet.It sure sounds like there's a story behind your question though.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        I havn't yet.It sure sounds like there's a story behind your question though.
        I was pulling some fin-tube from underneath satan's porcelain porthole and expected big red himself to jumpout out of it and on my back at any second.
        also looked like corn fed tunnel cats were forming colony in the tub.

Comment

Originally posted by BILLG View Post
          Oh heck ya, many times. They sort of figure your going to make a mess why bother cleaning. And its not just the bathroom. Yep, sometimes I could build another dog or cat w/all the hair they left everywhere. Sometimes I might even find .33 cents under the vanity or kitchen cabinets. Been waiting to find 3M stocks in the walls, since this is the town that they started in, no such luck. I guess they used to trade stocks for drinks at the local watering holes. And the old tales are, guys around here used to stash their stocks in the walls at home. All I would like to find is a few of them, then I'll be set for life.

This is my 600 post and I actually had something decent to say, wheres a thumbs up Icon at....
          Last edited by garager; 08-22-2007, 09:31 AM.
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I like the leaking sinks, where there's a steady drip and it still hadn't occured to them to remove the mountain of household solvents/cleaners from under the cabinet.
            I'd say 1 in 20 think to remove the stuff under a sink when they know a plumbers coming.

Comment

Then they give you that look that says, I didn't know you had to get at it to fix it.

Comment

I have had maybe 1-50 customers clean out their sinks, I usually do it when I get there, no big deal, I have a few customers not let me put it back under because they said most of it was trash. I have found interesting things under a sink, some people pack so much under their kitchen sinks, front to back, top to bottom, packed full, I cannot live that way, I hate clutter
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
                X