Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed Thread

Josh,

I think you were wrong to close the "How Much Do You Make" thread. Utah is the most level headed guy on this forum (with the possible exception of the great "Bob D.", and they are about equal in calmness), so if Utah is fired-up there's a reason. I was enjoying it.

Should have let it go, but as always I respect your decision.
    the dog

Re: Closed Thread

dog, i was hoping that you would have responded and put tieger in his place. if the regulars were getting fired up, there's a reason for it.

all he is here for is to stir the pot and show how all of us are doing it wrong.

instead of closing the forum, mabe just lock out the problem

dog, tell me you saw it our way

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I said it once and I'll say it again, teiger is a waste and should've been a stain. If we continue to respond to his responses, that will only encourage him more. Let's ignore him altogether and he will go away and fade into a bad memory.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

That's the first thread I've seen closed.

Have there been others?

Comment

The Dog wrote: "...(with the possible exception of the great "Bob D.", ..."

Dog, I'm gonna need a bigger hard hat tomorrow when I get to work

I think there are those who have maintained their cool better than I have been able to on here at times.

I stayed outta that one for a reason;

1. I have little first hand to add in the way of running a plumbing business such as Rick, Mark, or many others on here do as 29/31 of my career has been in large commercial, industrial, and the power generation business. Two years of jobbing does not make one a plumber. I've done plenty of plumbing in new construction, but that's totally different work.

2. Been around long enough to have a good feel for where this one would end up.

Who thinks I am so great anyway....you or me??
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
            The Dog wrote: "...(with the possible exception of the great "Bob D.", ..."

Dog, I'm gonna need a bigger hard hat tomorrow when I get to work

I think there are those who have maintained their cool better than I have been able to on here at times.

I stayed outta that one for a reason;

1. I have little first hand to add in the way of running a plumbing business such as Rick, Mark, or many others on here do as 29/31 of my career has been in large commercial, industrial, and the power generation business. Two years of jobbing does not make one a plumber. I've done plenty of plumbing in new construction, but that's totally different work.

2. Been around long enough to have a good feel for where this one would end up.

Who thinks I am so great anyway....you or me??
            You're a former seabee and UT. You're alright in my opinion.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Bob,

"Who thinks I'm great, you or me?"

I do. Every forum finds it's balance. You one of the most valuable members.

It boils down to this:

Bob D. is the most informative piping guy on here. He also has a balanced sense pf philosophy.

Utah is the the most legal minded. I look to him for legal plumbing code issues.

Plumber Rick is the most practical minded. He works the pipe every day and knows how to make something work, and work correctly.

Dyrty has great plumbing knowledge. He also has the ability to interpret social situations. For those who don't understand, Dyrty has the ability to understand the social situation and respond in a reasoned manner. I've read his explanations of other's posts, and they are damn good. Dyrty has also given plumbing advice that was damn good.

Crack is great because he gives an opinion which is based on fact, and is funny and outspoken.

There are many others who post here, some of whom I like. There are some I don't: Wousco, Gear, whoever.

But the above are the best in my opinion.
              Last edited by plumbdog10; 08-29-2007, 10:32 PM.
              the dog

Comment

Apparently I missed all the fun.
                Now I wish I could scroll through it...if Mark got worked up it had to be compelling.

Comment

Duck, you can read it, you just can't reply.

Go to the "professional plumbing discussion" section and pull up the thread titled "how much do you make an hour".

With the title alone, everyone should have known the havoc it was going to cause.
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I did.
                    Very interesting.

Comment

Working...
                    X