X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City / Suburban licenses

How many different cities / suburbs do you work in. I work the Oklahoma city metro as well as 10 neighboring suburbs/ cities . Each wants a fee for the privilage of working in their city , of course . Ranging from $150. a year up to $400.00 a year .After 2 consectutive years registered in a given city they cut your yearly fee by 40%-60% .How much do you average towards CITY licenses only . Mine is around $1,100.00

Re: City / Suburban licenses

NYC has its own unique hazards . I'm into meterology / forecasting . This area is a hot spot for sure . Licensing is as big a operating expense, or has the potential to be . I was posting what I thought could be a interesting thread.

Comment

In Augusta it is pretty cheap. 80-150 dollars per county that you work in. Some counties care and some do not. I only work in three counties in my area.
      Aiken SC (which is one of the top ten places to retire in the US btw), has "tax officials" riding around in trucks six days a week to check contractors for business licenses.

Comment

I recently tested and upgraded from 3rd class boiler operator to second class . Tied for best marks with one other guy . The school incident was mentioned many times . God bless them . I would worry more about terrorist in NYC than a Twister out in open air . THe ***** are the ones that come while your sleeping .On the thread subject , I never had to register in a county , only State / Cities . Thank goodness .

Comment

I have licensing for 6 cities, and a bond only for 1 other. Here our counties dont require anything. Anybody can do anything out in the county.

City Licenses: 4 @$200 ~ 2 @$100

Bonds: 6 @$75 ~ 1 @$100

Thats $1550 yearly. Thanks for posting this question as I have never really sat down and added everything up. I need to raise my prices.

Comment

fortunatly the city of los angeles is big enough so that 1 license in the city covers a lot of area. the smaller surrounding cities have their license fees too, but some only charge a business license when you pull a permit. they add it onto the permit fee. the others are not bad as you only pay based on the value of work within their city.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

That's what I"m talking about . I needed just Las Vegas and North Las Vegas to run almost everywhere I needed while I was there . Oklahoma city has a bunch of small cities with-in its borders , like chicken pox .

Comment

Working...
              X