Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your favorite Toilet?

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    robert, 3 is not anywhere near enough for even a short fix. kohler junk is not very interchangeable. you're going to make me go to my truck, but it's easier to get the photo from todd as it's all on display with the #'s on them.

do me a favor and list the flappers you carry.

you can copy from my list so we describe the same ones.

then the fun will begin

rick.

remember the 100' and 125' debate

loser gets the lightning round

Ok, k-81096, very commonly used, k-83064, k-84995,very commonly used,
    k-85655

I would like pictures of the ones you carry on your truck, I am sure three look great, because they are used and re-stocked all the time, the others are damaged because they float around on your truck for years before you need them, remember my friend, the truck is not a supply house, you do not need to have stock on there that sits for years and gets damaged.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Maybe Rick and Robert service different neighborhoods.

When I used to do service calls in Virginia certain developments would have a paticular toilets and I knew which ones to stock up on before leaving the shop. Our dispatcher would typically keep me in that one area all day doing service.

Some of the nicer parts of the county would have the Kohler one piece Rialto's and middle class homes had the Amer. Stand. Cadet or Plebe. Then you get into the rental areas and find noname brand toilets and Mansfield plastic toilets

Used to easily burn through 10-15 flappers in a day. If one flapper in the house is bad better check or replace all of them.

Been a few years since I did service calls all day glad I don't have to keep up with all the new ones.

Comment

Crack, the debate isn't the number of flappers used, but the number of variety used.

Robert, go ask my friend Paolo. Except you may need to wait for me to get there to pull the stock myself (I guess I am still a little bitter 5 years later) Did you know that if you wear a rubber glove while playing the lightening game you don't get shocked?

Joey
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
          Crack, the debate isn't the number of flappers used, but the number of variety used.

Robert, go ask my friend Paolo. Except you may need to wait for me to get there to pull the stock myself (I guess I am still a little bitter 5 years later) Did you know that if you wear a rubber glove while playing the lightening game you don't get shocked?

Joey

HAHa.a..ha.., this whole thing goes back to the point that rick has a hoarding problem, the flappers he posted is way overdone, most of those sit on his truck for a long time, even though, he won't admit it, I will stick with my flappers and thats that.

Thank You, Come Again
          sigpic

Robert

Comment

Joey

joey, just noticed that you're a "senior member"

time to trade you in for a younger model/ a junior member

robert, even joey is dropping names

i'm putting fresh batteries into lightning. still want to play

gives a new meaning to "burnt chicken"

rick.

i posted just minutes before you with photos.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
              HAHa.a..ha.., this whole thing goes back to the point that rick has a hoarding problem, the flappers he posted is way overdone, most of those sit on his truck for a long time, even though, he won't admit it, I will stick with my flappers and thats that.

Thank You, Come Again
              robert, the only flapper that doesn't see much use for me is the kohler tank ball and lift rod. that's the top left one in the photo.

it fits the older 1 pc. toilets with the $300.00 ballcocks and flush valve combinations. still i have customers that have them and i need to stock them. all the others i have extra inventory at the shop since i use them very often.

just had a customer last week with 7 kohler toilets in his house. i needed to replace 4 flappers and that required 3 different styles of flappers alone.

ben just called. his everyday flapper is a mansfield disc. every area is different. i'll ask steve today for his honest count since we overlap areas and customers.

anymore doubts and you and zeljka will be playing lightning together.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

[quote=PLUMBER RICK;91422]joey, just noticed that you're a "senior member"

time to trade you in for a younger model/ a junior member

robert, even joey is dropping names

i'm putting fresh batteries into lightning. still want to play

gives a new meaning to "burnt chicken"

rick.

He won't be catching the bone rick

He is taking a nap When you get in the late twenties your body slows down

When you get in the late fourties you cannot crawl under houses

When you stock 12 flappers in the truck means you are becoming senile

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  robert, the only flapper that doesn't see much use for me is the kohler tank ball and lift rod. that's the top left one in the photo.

it fits the older 1 pc. toilets with the $300.00 ballcocks and flush valve combinations. still i have customers that have them and i need to stock them. all the others i have extra inventory at the shop since i use them very often.

just had a customer last week with 7 kohler toilets in his house. i needed to replace 4 flappers and that required 3 different styles of flappers alone.

ben just called. his everyday flapper is a mansfield disc. every area is different. i'll ask steve today for his honest count since we overlap areas and customers.

anymore doubts and you and zeljka will be playing lightning together.

rick.

Ben called us too,but not now...1 hr ago..which measn he knows who to call first

Comment

That was funny

When the supply house opens on Tuesday, Robert will feel differently
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                      Ben called us too,but not now...1 hr ago..which measn he knows who to call first

true, but robert didn't give him the advice he was looking for, so he let his fingers do the walking

old yellow page ad slogan

i tried calling you too, but you're too busy posting and not picking up the phone

you got my #

dog is going to have a fit with all this flapper talk

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Well now that the 12-year olds have quit their arguing I can say I carried a lot of flappers as well because it is easier to fix it while you are there rather than coming back. Whenever I bought a flapper I didn't have on my truck I bougjht a second one as stock.

A big difference here to remember is I had a 14' enclosed service bed, Rick has a 12' enclosed service bed and Robert has a 1/2 ton service van. If Robert had been in business as long as we have he may have ended up with over loaded trucks and too much stock as well.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Mark. . .shhhh. . . the kids are napping
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Plumberscrack called this perfectly a long time ago when he stated the fact that you guys service different nieghborhoods.

you guys acted like he wasn't even there

Comment

LOL-You are so funny and cute to boot.

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

He was napping but rick was calling him so now he isn't napping..
                                sigpic

Robert

Comment

Working...
                                X