What is your favorite Toilet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite Toilet?

What is you favorite toilet to Install for good/better/best flush.

Re: What is your favorite Toilet?

A few months ago a homeowner brought home a toto with the g-max(?) flush for a their remodel.Good flush

Comment

Kohler toilets
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        A few months ago a homeowner brought home a toto with the g-max(?) flush for a their remodel.Good flush
        Yes the Toto G-Max is a flushing wonder.

I also like the Toto Guinevere Double Cyclone

Comment

What do you offer for your good(cheapest)?
          better(middle of the road)?
          best(flushes small children)?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisConnor View Post
            What do you offer for your good(cheapest)?
            better(middle of the road)?
            best(flushes small children)?
            Oh Great,Now you had to go and make it too complicated for me.
            If someone asks me about a good W/C I say Toto-G.They ask "Anything else?",I put on the stupid look and come home to ask the forum

Comment

Kohler Cimmaron takes the cake. The cimarron has a 3" flush valve and is a good looking toilet at a very reasonable price.

It comes in three sizes, ADA compliant, round front and round front comfort height.
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

I say best toilet for your buck is the toto drake elongated...flushes wonderfully, looks nice, easy on the wallet and a comfy sit. parts list is on the inside of every toto toilet tank lid. As far as dual flush I like the toto aquea(sp?) other than the unorthodox installation,(they supply the cheapest hardware and the screws seldom go in without stripping) but hey, its keeps the tile setters and handymen from instaling them.
                West Trail Mechanical Ltd
                Service. Commitment. Expertise.

www.westtrailmechanical.ca

Comment

I too like the cimarron.
                  Anybody install Western Pottery's toilets?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisConnor View Post
                    I too like the cimarron.
                    Anybody install Western Pottery's toilets?

I used to install alot of western pottery, I still do in rental units, I change the flapper though to a red korky because I had a flapper fail after 10 months and had to do a warranty call, never like those.

Overall, good, cheap toilets, mainly in my book for rental units. Flush great though.
                    sigpic

Robert

Comment

What do you guys think about the American standard Champion?
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I like anything that'll flush 11 golfballs.

Comment

The least I will offer to provide is the Kohler Cimarron. From there, I will provide any other Kohler toilet with the Class 5 system. If a customer wants to spend any less on a toilet, I dump the responsibility in their lap. I am so impressed with the Class 5 system, I will go as far as telling a customer if their Class 5 toilet needs plunging within two years, I will plunge it for them at no charge. However, if they go with the Home Depot special or something similar, I will take no responsibility for it in any aspect -- if it chips or cracks when I'm installing it, it's their problem. If it doesn't flush well, it's their problem. If it's missing parts, it's their problem.

There is no low, middle, high range in toilets for me. It starts at the Kohler Cimarron Class 5 and ends with any other Kohler Class 5.

I have received incredible feedback from my customers on these toilets, which makes me look good -- when, in fact, all I did was sell them a toilet that cost them a hundred or so dollars more than what's on the floors at the home centers. To them, this extra cost is worth the peace of mind in knowing they can flush their arm down the toilet and not have to worry about calling a plumber to push it through the trap.
                          Last edited by brucestorey; 09-01-2007, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            What do you guys think about the American standard Champion?
                            I have lost faith in the Champion. I thought I liked them at first.

First of all, those tank bolts can be a real hassle, but I have found that I am replacing more and more flush valve seals sooner than I think I should have to. They are very thin, very easily distorted and fatigue very quickly due to chlorine, which causes them to get sloppy in the slot that holds them in place. I also don't much like the flush valve because it is very touchy. There is no room for play on the chain -- moving the linkage on the chain up or down one ball can sometimes make the difference of whether it flushes properly or not. This is too close for comfort in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by brucestorey View Post
                              The least I will offer to provide is the Kohler Cimarron. From there, I will provide any other Kohler toilet with the Class 5 system. If a customer wants to spend any less on a toilet, I dump the responsibility in their lap. I am so impressed with the Class 5 ststem, I will go as far as telling a customer if their Class 5 toilet needs plunging within two years, I will plunge it for them at no charge. However, if they go with the Home Depot special or something similar, I will take no responsibility for it in any aspect -- if it chips or cracks when I'm installing it, it's their problem. If it doesn't flush well, it's their problem. If it's missing parts, it's their problem.

There is no low, middle, high range in toilets for me. It starts at the Kohler Cimarron Class 5 and ends with any other Kohler Class 5.

I have received incredible feedback from my customers on these toilets, which makes me look good -- when, in fact, all I did was sell them a toilet that cost them a hundred or so dollars more than what's on the floors at the home centers. To them, this extra cost is worth the peace of mind in knowing they can flush their arm down the toilet and not have to worry about calling a plumber to push it through the trap.
                              Finally, a local plumber Welcome Bruce

You like the class 5 that much, huh?

Maybe I'll look into using one of those on the next job

Comment

Working...
                              X