Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The "Union"

Dunbar,

Your experiences sound very similar to many of us self-employeed ex-union guys. Welcome to the site.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Re: The "Union"

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      Dunbar,

Your experiences sound very similar to many of us self-employeed ex-union guys. Welcome to the site.

Mark

Thanks. At the time all of this transpired, I didn't see clearly but low and behold, people around me cared enough to get me work and I took what was forced to be given to me ($39,000.00) to pay off my truck, stock it, and do what I do best; plumbing.

I pegged the union and the employer who put me in that bad position to pay up for discrimination, refusal of unemployment benefits, back pay, 11 months of medical temporary disability. The sad thing is.......this same employer did this exact same thing to another one of his plumbers and that plumber has had 3 surgeries with no relief, permanently disabled from ever plumbing again.

I have to say that mine is a success story.....I could still be laying around crying poor me about my injury and think the world owes me a comfort. It doesn't and even though it is painful to work every single day...I enjoy the rewards of running a plumbing business.

I'm sure you all have the the same sentiments.
      Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 09-29-2007, 09:26 PM.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
      X