Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Your Slogan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's Your Slogan?

    Mine: "Serving Our Neighbors"

    I am sure that many don't have to use slogans, and when I started-up, I really didn't think a slogan was necessary, and I'm still not sure it is, but I have received a lot of comments from people about mine over the years. It seems that, to some customers, current and potential alike, the slogan sticks with them and it gives them a sense of who I am, or how I am going to treat them as customers. I have no idea of the real effectiveness of this or any other slogan, but since I have never heard anything negative about my slogan, it will remain as an extra line on my cards and signs.

    My questions are:

    1/ Do you or the company you own or work for have a slogan?
    2/ If so, what is it and how does it reflect on what you do and who you are?
    3/ If you don't use a slogan, why not?
    4/ What are some of the slogans you have seen that you like?
    5/ Do you know of any humorous slogans that you wouldn't actually associate with your business?

    My favorite humorous slogan is "I Repair What Your Husband Fixed." I would love to put this on my trucks, but "Serving Our Neighbors" seems to be just a little more politically correct.

  • #2
    Re: What's Your Slogan?

    Originally posted by brucestorey View Post
    Mine: "Serving Our Neighbors"

    I am sure that many don't have to use slogans, and when I started-up, I really didn't think a slogan was necessary, and I'm still not sure it is, but I have received a lot of comments from people about mine over the years. It seems that, to some customers, current and potential alike, the slogan sticks with them and it gives them a sense of who I am, or how I am going to treat them as customers. I have no idea of the real effectiveness of this or any other slogan, but since I have never heard anything negative about my slogan, it will remain as an extra line on my cards and signs.

    My questions are:

    1/ Do you or the company you own or work for have a slogan?
    2/ If so, what is it and how does it reflect on what you do and who you are?
    3/ If you don't use a slogan, why not?
    4/ What are some of the slogans you have seen that you like?
    5/ Do you know of any humorous slogans that you wouldn't actually associate with your business?

    My favorite humorous slogan is "I Repair What Your Husband Fixed." I would love to put this on my trucks, but "Serving Our Neighbors" seems to be just a little more politically correct.
    Our slogan use to be, Drain Medic "Your emergency is our priority." We dont use it anymore, trying to find something more along the lines of a Medic. We are actually going to have a contest for the kids in the neighborhood, $50 to whoever comes up with our best slogan.

    Greg
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

    www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What's Your Slogan?


      I go where doctors fear to go; i make house calls 24/7!!


      JERRYMAC
      P. S. DRAIN MEDIC YOU ARE WELCOME TO USE THIS??
      JERRYMAC
      E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
      CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
      FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
      SINCE JAN. 1989

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What's Your Slogan?

        I like "We're #1 in #2!"

        or

        "Laying pipe since 1976!"



        Todd

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What's Your Slogan?

          My Uncle thinks I should go with "we're prompt, No matter how long it takes"
          Although funny, I think I'll pass.

          Good idea with the contest Greg. Are you letting customers take part as well?
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What's Your Slogan?

            My Slogan:



            ''Done Right The First Time"


            I wanted "A Royal Flush Beats A Full House" but this is so overdone it has no meaning anymore.
            sigpic

            Robert

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What's Your Slogan?

              not sure if it's a slogan or phrase

              many times when i return calls to a doctors office, they ask who is calling. i always answer plumber rick or rick the plumber.

              i guess it's a buzz word as the receptionist always immediately connects me to the doctor. try that 1 day when your sick and see how long it takes to talk to the doctor

              haven't tried the white house yet, don't want to break my streak

              rick the plumber
              phoebe it is

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What's Your Slogan?

                This fits perfect with what happened to a poor service plumber and his tech.

                On one of my projects a service had stubbed the latteral from street main to curb to service my new office building project.

                He screwed up the patch so it was sinking.No big deal I have made bigger mistakes.

                The boss showed up first in an escalade.Still no big deal,If a man works hard he should reward himself to keep his spirit strong.

                Then the tech pulls up
                The side of the Pick-up with no rack says "AMERICA'S BEST PLUMBER"
                This is to woo the homeowners I know.

                Knowing this I bait the Kid

                No shirt,ripped Dickie jeans and leather bags I yell to him from the inside of my cage out to the street "SO WHAT DOES THAT MAKE ME"

                Reply from the tech to impress his employer "Second best I guess"

                "YOU WANNA BET"

                reply "hehe"

                "NO,DO YOU WANT TO BET"

                I got a good laugh on the behalf of someone posing to ignorance.

                Shame on me.

                AAAHHHH,I'd do it again in a heartbeat

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What's Your Slogan?

                  Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  This fits perfect with what happened to a poor service plumber and his tech.

                  On one of my projects a service had stubbed the latteral from street main to curb to service my new office building project.

                  He screwed up the patch so it was sinking.No big deal I have made bigger mistakes.

                  The boss showed up first in an escalade.Still no big deal,If a man works hard he should reward himself to keep his spirit strong.

                  Then the tech pulls up
                  The side of the Pick-up with no rack says "AMERICA'S BEST PLUMBER"
                  This is to woo the homeowners I know.

                  Knowing this I bait the Kid

                  No shirt,ripped Dickie jeans and leather bags I yell to him from the inside of my cage out to the street "SO WHAT DOES THAT MAKE ME"

                  Reply from the tech to impress his employer "Second best I guess"

                  "YOU WANNA BET"

                  reply "hehe"

                  "NO,DO YOU WANT TO BET"

                  I got a good laugh on the behalf of someone posing to ignorance.

                  Shame on me.

                  AAAHHHH,I'd do it again in a heartbeat

                  After my church service this AM adam, I am sorry but I have to ask,

                  W W J D ?
                  sigpic

                  Robert

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What's Your Slogan?

                    We have a local place whose slogan is "Always keep your wife in hot water"

                    Joey
                    I love my plumber

                    "My Hero"

                    Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What's Your Slogan?

                      Locally Owned Since 1989

                      and

                      27 Years Experience in Construction
                      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

                      http://www.contractorspub.com

                      A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What's Your Slogan?

                        Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                        Our slogan use to be, Drain Medic "Your emergency is our priority." We dont use it anymore, trying to find something more along the lines of a Medic. We are actually going to have a contest for the kids in the neighborhood, $50 to whoever comes up with our best slogan.

                        Greg
                        That's great..kids are more intelectual and faster awith their little interesting brains..good idea

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: What's Your Slogan?

                          Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          not sure if it's a slogan or phrase

                          many times when i return calls to a doctors office, they ask who is calling. i always answer plumber rick or rick the plumber.

                          i guess it's a buzz word as the receptionist always immediately connects me to the doctor. try that 1 day when your sick and see how long it takes to talk to the doctor

                          haven't tried the white house yet, don't want to break my streak

                          rick the plumber

                          They wouldn't let you in the white house rick....you would get as far as the tourist to take the pic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: What's Your Slogan?

                            Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                            We have a local place whose slogan is "Always keep your wife in hot water"

                            Joey

                            That's a good one....

                            Mine is only for me...do it fast,wife will shop faster

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: What's Your Slogan?

                              I bought a combine once that had been owned by a custom cutter, and on the back of it above the straw spreader was this beautiful script with the words,


                              "we will CHEAT you right"

                              and then the name of the company.
                              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                              attributed to Samuel Johnson
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X