X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pricing Options

Although I am a T&M guy , right there with you Rick at $75.00 an hour, I have taken one of the Plumbers pricing manual , for content and structure and have incorporated a Flat rate pricing for my company. It is based on $105.00 an hour. So therefore , lav replacement [owner supplied] at 1.5 hrs. for the job will either be Hourly or flat rated at 1.5 hrs. [$157.50]. That includes putty. I think it will work great and I am providing even better service for my customers by offering them there choice of rates . Anyone else consider doing the rates two-ways . I think my numbers are right on target for my market . I could charge more and work less but I like meeting people and love my job. I'm not greedy.

Re: New Pricing Options

Originally posted by apf View Post
    Although I am a T&M guy , right there with you Rick at $75.00 an hour, I have taken one of the Plumbers pricing manual , for content and structure and have incorporated a Flat rate pricing for my company. It is based on $105.00 an hour. So therefore , lav replacement [owner supplied] at 1.5 hrs. for the job will either be Hourly or flat rated at 1.5 hrs. [$157.50]. That includes putty. I think it will work great and I am providing even better service for my customers by offering them there choice of rates . Anyone else consider doing the rates two-ways . I think my numbers are right on target for my market . I could charge more and work less but I like meeting people and love my job. I'm not greedy.

Well put, I am Flat Rate as well. Every one of my tasks that include parts are all built into the price. For Example 1 task under the heading, Main Drain

would look like this

SDR100 Main Line from pulled toilet in basement
    (Includes new bowl wax & closet bolts) $190.00 $175.00 $105.00 Standard is 1st Preferred is 2nd and Addon is 3rd

Plus it shows the warranties, and under the heading it says cable, jetting is more money

I get the prices by billable hrs, and overhead, plus acouple other considerations

Never had a price rejection, or complaint since i started doing it this way

The preferred rate is what catches the customers eyes!
    Last edited by Drain Medic; 09-02-2007, 09:26 PM. Reason: wasnt finished
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

I know the format . I haven't incorporated the parts though I add them in to the rate. I do have to get it completed, but I needed the main rating structure in place . I've spent a few days on it and as long as my charts are near I can shoot someone almost any price they need .I needed the option . I have lost work due to the fact I would not shoot a price .They can chose T&M or flat rate , but once they chose I will hold em to it. I certainly can make more money on this system and I'm getting more inquiries about it.

Comment

Nothing wrong with that.

maybe 10-20 bucks more an hour for me here.

APF you sound like a fair man

Comment

Working...
        X