X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water heater

I never had the opportunity to install the special valve - don't remember the name either - when there is no way to run the T&P drain pipe to daylight. What is the name? Is that valve installed in the gas supply?

Re: water heater

esthy, the valve you are asking about is a watts #210. it is piped instead of a combination t and p. the gas pipes into it and then out to the gas controll valve.

better check to see if they are legal where you are at. here in los angeles they are not right now.

if you need some for a good price, i have plenty i can sell you.

p.m. me for more info.

welcome to the forum

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Hi Rick, whoa you're fast. I am thinking in something ... maybe we can be rich, I will partner with you because you are the first to answer ... if we use the condensation pump that is used in AC units to pump the water up to the roof and, if we hard pipe it and the condensation pump is a heavy duty one - one that can stand the heat, I think it will work. What do yo think .... Ah I apolagize for my idiomatic but English is my second language

Comment

it might work, but keep in mind it's possible the water temperature can reach up to 212 degrees. doubt the inspector will allow it.

also the flow could possibly be in excess of 15 gpm.

i would go with a real sump pit and pump. plus it will save you if the heater or pipes leaked.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
        X