Free Vidio Sewer Check ?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Vidio Sewer Check ?????

On another forum ,a plumber from Maine suggested a home owner call for this service!!! Have any of You ever heard of such a service????
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Free Vidio Sewer Check ?????

never heard of just a FREE video inspection...I know alof of companies do free video inspections for repair jobs, or deduct the video for a repair cost
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

When I was in Seattle the rooter company I worked for wanted this done. Most of the time it only happened when we were slow. When a customer called for an estimate on a sewer repair or replacement the camera was done for free, then that cost was included in the estimate. At one point they were asking us to go door to door offering a free camera.
      Brent

Comment

tool, there is no free lunch. at $10,000. for a good camera and locator, do you think they are going to tell you everything is ok

i doubt it. there is no tape made to allow you to show it to others and they are banking on you signing on the dotted line.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Re: Free Video Sewer Check ?????

I will often give a free inspection, but no locate or tape (those are extra!). I show the customer the problems on the screen and recommend the proper repair. I document the findings on their invoice. 9/10 they have me do the repair. A few will put it off until a later date.

I had a guy with a bad root intrusion in the middle of his yard.I used the navitrak to locate the problem while the customer was inside.

I showed him the problem on the screen and gave him a price. A week later he calls me demanding that I show him exactly where the problem is because he has an eight foot hole in his yard, but cannot find his sewer nor the root problem. I explained the charges for my locate services when others do the repair, but he declined.

THe sad thing is that his sewer tap is only four feet deep and marked on the curb.

Comment

Here it is, just got the reply!

Go to Terry love's plumbing + remodeling D I Y advice forum . under plumbing
            forum discussion ,go Add sewer to iron sewer pipe by jon 229

plumber patrick from Mass. works for Mr. ROTTER DOES FREEBIES AS POLICY
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Not me, No way!
              I didn't buy my see snake as a favor for my customer. Someone has to pay for it and it`s not gonna be me. I do how ever give em a great deal if I`m their sewer guy and or if I do the replacement.
              I will not locate it unless they pay for my time if I`m not getting the replacement job
              I have over $17,000 in my equipment and I have a new sewer so I didn't need it, someone's got to pay for it.

Like I said, I just give em a good deal if I`m their sewer guy
              http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Re: Free Video Sewer Check ?????

Originally posted by ChrisConnor View Post
                I showed him the problem on the screen and gave him a price. A week later he calls me demanding that I show him exactly where the problem is because he has an eight foot hole in his yard, but cannot find his sewer nor the root problem. I explained the charges for my locate services when others do the repair, but he declined.

THe sad thing is that his sewer tap is only four feet deep and marked on the curb.
                After getting a call this morning from a new customer cancelling because he says he found someone to do the job for $15 less than my quote, I gotta say thank you.

Comment

Ouch, that was scathing.
                  Good points though, especially on liability.
                  I know there are some who don't like Sylvan thus far, but I see an asset here, if he could just ease up on the verbage a wee bit.
                  He has some very valid points about your times worth.
                  You have to admit in your experience there are those customers who cry poor, or claim they got a lower bid, so you drop your price.
                  Once the jobs done their gratitude diminishes and they start asking why you didn't use more expensive faucets ...etc.
                  They expect the same work regardless the price.
                  I used to openly tout "free estimates" to get my foot in the door until I realized I was going broke on gas, working for free for real estates appraisals and DIY'ers looking to see how much they were about to save.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post

Find the fine print..nothing in life is free....They have their video charge and cabling charge togehter, so it seems they get it for free...they are Flat Rate..I know someone who works for one around here
                    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Yes,BUT if you knew what i sell on sewerlines with my "free" inspection, you would know that it is worth my time.

And the inspection is free >>ONLY<< if I am there doing a sewerline clearing. I don't just show up and work for free, The "free camera inspection" is just bait.

I was using a pearpoint P382 with built on lcd screen, so quick inspections were a breeze (the reason that I say were/was is because I had a break in last month, that's what made me come to the Ridgid forum to research a new camera).

What's twenty minutes of my time. Trust me, I make the money either way.

There is no free lunch. I lose about ten percent to the low bidder. I average thirty percent higher on average dig jobs in my area so it's a win for me.

The camera work adds credibility to my services. The customers know that I am going "above and beyond" so my asking price has merit.

Notice I said that I "often" give free inspections. Not everyone qualifies.

Some people you can tell that they will have the repair done. Some you cannot. There is always a risk involved.

The way that I do it works 9/10 times, so the camera cost IS covered. I book ninety percent of my sewer service replacement on the first trip and there is no other bidder.

As to "going back to the shop" I've got a 14' hackney box truck. If I ain't got it on the truck, they don't need it ('cept for water heaters, too many to stock)

Mr T. HAS to drive regular cargo vans in the city as parking in THE city is already a nightmare. Not to mention with all the lead, oakum and cast iron that Sylvan has to carry his vans weight limits are quickly reached.

As for "pockets" of methane. Tell me, is YOUR MY-Tana intrinsically safe(explosion proof). You are grasping for straws mr. T and you know it.

If the line is clear and flowing( read ventilated) what's the chances of an explosion?

For that matter, a sewer machine blade can make sparks on terra cotta and cast iron pipe if the blade get bound and quickly released.

It's all a numbers game. Don't worry daddy, I ain't giving away the store.

As a "flat rape" contractor (I am surprised you've not brought up that blast from the past) Every job as a little fudge factor built in to cover screw ups.

Now if you just call me out of the blue to video your pipe, heck yeah, you are gonna pay for the services.

Comment

I will credit the camera cost against a sewer repair or replacement.

I will never do camera jobs, location or vhs for free, I charge an extra 20 for my vhs tapes. I don't believe in selling myself cheap in this industry. I am trying to maintain accurate pricing standards in this trade.

I paid good money for both my cameras and my locator, they need maint also.

The way I look at it, if the customer dosen't want to pay 295.00 to get an accurate estimate, then they won't wanna pay the min 1,300.00 for the repair.
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post

You've been pushing the "Terry Love" forum for two years now. I've seen it, it's a joke.
                          the dog

Comment

Originally posted by Tieger plumbing
                            I like the way you took what I said years ago and use it against me shows you do pay attention :-)

FYI The MY-Tana still has the origional MICRO ENGINEERING NAME on it as John Buck made the camera for several companies until he sold his company to MY-Tana
                            Ahem, Mr. T. I said it first about the sparking sewer blades. Like you don't remember when I told you that you can splice sewer cables in the field WITHOUT a welder.

Sounds like the lead has gone to your brain.

My-Tana still private labels their camera to Triple R specialty as Buck used to. They sell it in the Barnett catalog.. Pay attention, there is a quiz later!

Don't forget to take your fiber, OLD pal.

Comment

Wondering when The LIL PUP would come out from under the porch

SKOOT LIL MUTT

Comment

Working...
                              X