X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manditory vidio insp. policy!

How many of You have this city policy for all property listings! We have it in a few towns in our area. Will list later. Makes sense. actually ,Dollars
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: manditory vidio insp. policy!

Wow.. I havent heard of this. Hmmmm just think if this were country wide $

Comment

Sausalito Ca. is one I know of. Will list others later. Yes ,It's good for You Drain Guys. It really is the right thing to do. Just saw someone pay $6000 for 30 ft of Lateral of a newley purchased old rot box in S.F. This area is all sand,e z digging. That was the cheapest price! I did two retaining walls on the two houses next door,I know
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

what are you talking about
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by All Clear Sewer View Post
          what are you talking about
          He is talking about advertising with the new homeowners or soon to be homeowners..they have normal inspaection of the house but the one that isn't accesible.they dontt have that one.

Thats why if you get a list like mls you send the new owners beofre they buy a house a flyer for sewer camera...there can be $10,000 job that they would have to fix after the close of escorw..and no one wants to pay that much money after you spend so much money for buying a house..downpayment...etc..If it is more then that 10 thousand iu would just move to another house..i don't need no broken sewer or something like that

Are you talking abou that?

Yes,we do it here in our area..

Comment

I C....lol. it`s to early for me....rotflmao

Yea I try to tell new home buyers that they need to know that most houses that set vacant around here most likely have a root problem. I would say about 3 out of every 10 calls I get is a new home buyer with a sewer problem that the old owner didnt tell em about.
            http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Realtors want no part in a drain line inspection. IT might keep the sale from being made.

Think about it. both realtors are getting a commission if a house is sold. I hate them almost as much as I hate rabbits.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisConnor View Post
                Realtors want no part in a drain line inspection. IT might keep the sale from being made.

Think about it. both realtors are getting a commission if a house is sold. I hate them almost as much as I hate rabbits.
                I'm sure except for soon to be Realtor Zeljka and her pet rabbit.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Rick actually gets a lot of calls from Realtors to do camera jobs for their client. It helps in the negotiation process for the buyer.

He will have something to say when he gets home from work
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by Tieger plumbing
                    Hey Chris, there is something called "right of disclosure clause" when someone sells a home and they know there are certain defects they are supposed to let the buyer know.
                    In reality this seldom happens and even money left in escrow usually is not enough to cover the majority of things over looked by the 6 week wonder "home inspectors"
                    In these cases where the home owner did not disclose the deficiencies and they were not picked up by the home inspector is where the "expert" comes in and then the fun begins as now this becomes a two or even a three party case and the plumbing expert gets to document everything that should have been reported (unless the home is sold as is)
                    As an expert witness working for the victim or their insurance company they get to go after the lending company who also should have made an inspection, the original seller, the home inspector and there is practically no limit what one can charge for being an expert.
                    Plus the added benefit of having to redo the defects.

Speaking of Rabbits (hunting)
                    does your state recognize a Florida full carry permit and will they issue a pistol permit to an out of state person.

I am thinking of buying another home in a sane state like Pennsylvania, Georgia or some other east coast area as NYC has this HELLery stench that is more toxic then any sewer I have ever worked in...
                    I don't believe you understood/read Chris's comment. My understanding was he felt Realtors wanted no part of video inspections in case there was something wrong not that they knew something was wrong and were hiding it. You can only disclosed know facts and if the owner has no knowledge of a problem there is nothing to disclose.

Mark

Comment

I know about disclosure, but they want you to be tight lipped.
                      The realtors hope the buyers do not ask. I have had calls to houses that were sold with bad sewer lines that needed regular roddings just to keep it open.

I'd show up and know the history of the plumbing as I had been the person on the job many times before. The new owners often will have steam coming out of their ears when I tell them the history of the sewer and what to expect.

You brought up home "inspectors" man that is a joke.

I got a call on the on 8/15 where a lady didn't have hot water. I checked and found the water heater installed backwards (facing the wall) and plumbed backwards. It appeared that the electric wire was not long enough, so the installer turned the unit around to make up the difference.

There was a "SEDIMENT TRAP" piped into the T+P outlet with the T+P drain screwed into the tee. I turned off the breaker and told her what I'd have to do before I could troubleshoot the element and T-stats.

She said "are you sure, the home INSPECTOR didn't mention anything."

I told her whoever inspected that water heater was an idiot.

I collected my fee and she called the inspector and the realtor to get the problem corrected by the sellers "regular" plumber. I asked if that was a good idea considering the current state of the plumbing.

Comment

Tieger,

I don't know you or your work but to me it appears you give a bad name to not only Plumbers but Experts as well.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisConnor View Post
                          I know about disclosure, but they want you to be tight lipped.
                          The realtors hope the buyers do not ask. .

That realtors could be disciplined by the real estate commisioner, taken away their license or be fined for missrepresenting in such matter!!!!

No one wants you to be tight lipped.

In the real estate you need to be highly competent, ethical, and give quality service to the buyers and also apply with the law.

Robert gets alot of calls from realtors too to inspect the sewer . In contruary i would think the buyer would appreciate the realtor more for suggesting the camera then paying so much more money after they move in the house because no one was aware of the broken sewer.

I have so much friends that are realtos and tell me that get recommendation just because they were truthfull and wanted the best for their client.

Comment

I Berkeley also mandatory(and has to be in color).I do about 8-10 a week for realtors, most of the time the new buyer is the one paying for the service.

Comment

Originally posted by Tieger plumbing
                              Hi Josh, there is a lot more money to made in catching a thief then a video inspection.
                              When defects are found after the sale that were not disclosed and then the experts are called in with punitive damages and depositions and going to trial and report writing and researching etc. a professional can make several thousand dollars for several hours of using their brains rather then brawn.

Ever since the word "entitlements" and the Mc Donald's burn case came to light, it opened up a whole new opportunity for contractors to tap into the "victim" market as now everyone is a victim and thus we are now faced with no one accepting personal responsibility.

The courts award people ( pain suffering mental anguish) and the possibility of making up to $10,000 on a single case are better odds then playing the lotto as the expert gets paid for their opinion right or wrong as it is only an opinion.

I had to go to the Left coast (Sherman Oaks) on a case... Who says crime doesn't pay as I was put up in a hotel driven to the home and taken back to the air port as the real estate company / law firm had really deep pockets if they had to hire a LMP from NYC
                              Traveling time alone was amazing.

You are full of crap.
                              the dog

Comment

Working...
                              X