Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disgusting Situations

Originally posted by brucestorey View Post
    I have many, many storys, but my most recent disgusting encounter was a customer in my neighborhood who called because he was working on his laundry tub in his basement and couldn't go an further because there were no shutoffs on the supplies. All I was supposed to do was install a couple angle stops and leave.

This house was spooky -- Bates Hotel spooky! First, it was a total, filthy mess and every wall was covered with unframed pictures and magazine page cut-outs -- entirely covered. Supposedly, the elderly mother lived there, but I saw no signs of her actually being alive there. The guy was wearing only pajama pants with what I assumed was mustard splattered all over them (not really sure what it was by the time I was done there). I followed him to the basement to the laundry tub which was in utter disrepair. He had a drywall bucket beneath it to serve as a drain and it was just a slimey, nasty gross mess. I began to look around and noticed more drywall buckets.......FILLED WITH URINE!!!!! The guy was collecting his urine!!! He then began to tell me that he lived in this basement, in a sound-proof bomb shelter room his (deceased) father had built for him. He invited me to take a look and I declined, telling him I didn't have the time and that it was now far too late in the day to tackle a task as daunting as installing two angle stops. I told him he would have to call my wife to reschedule for a different day [read:never] and I promptly high-tailed it out of there. There is soooooo much more to this story that would add to the reasons that I would never, ever go back to this house, but I think most of you can imagine.

Bruce
    I'm sure there is a perfectly logical explaination as to why he would be collecting his urine and having a sound proof bunker in his basement.

I just can't seem to come up with one right now.

I can see the headline in the Metro section now:
    Local Plumber Goes Missing; No Clues after an Exhaustive Search

Comment

Crack...that one's sad man, I just got married and I'd want her to carry on if something happened.

Comment

how is this for disgusting.

Comment

Totally Unacceptable,This is the kindof $hit that enrages me.This is being done more and more Bill.I would really like to see a turn around.Hopefully the economy slides down far enough for these scumbags to return to whatever rock they came.

Oh shoot,That's your handywork?
          Looks absolutely beautiful,I couldn't do any better myself

Comment

Originally posted by BILLG View Post
            how is this for disgusting.

Solution: ProPress

Of course, a little experience with a torch might also help. I'll bet this was done by somebody who claims to be a plumber.

Bruce
            Last edited by brucestorey; 09-12-2007, 06:40 AM.

Comment

I keep smoke pipe in my truck, on really tight spots just cut out a square, fold in half and wedge it between copper and wood.
              This one looks like a simple angling of the flame in an upward direction would have done the trick.

Comment

Working...
              X