X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing lateral

Well need to install cleanout and cut roots. Do 2 hilti saw cuts on side house concrete walkway. leave 2 of My guys to jackhammer and dig. Have another job with guys 10 min away. 3 ft down virgin hard pan. I new it would be there[slab on grade] righ in line with the bath stacks. supplize!!!! he he
    Mon we'll dig at curb are where It's marker S .It's a freebe as I said May call for locator,if price is right. That's life
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Missing lateral

tool slow down, i can't read your mind all the time

is this a question or a statement

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Sorry, Low blood sugar,hadn't had supper after a long day. I'm diabetic. Both Myself ,and,experianced plumber friend, thought the house drain would exit house in area of baths. Wrong! Will install missing cleanout near property at street ,where town marked curb. Thank,s
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

You will find most plumbers don't put pipes where they should be.

If your utility company marked the sewer lateral at curb typically the sewer will run straight into the house from there.

Miss Utility won't mark sewers here.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          You will find most plumbers don't put pipes where they should be.

If your utility company marked the sewer lateral at curb typically the sewer will run straight into the house from there.

Miss Utility won't mark sewers here.
          Sorry Crack thats not true,When I design a structure waste system I never put any thought into where the lateral enters the property,other than an opproximate end of lot.

There are too many variables under the structure to worry about a straight ditch with no offsets.

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            Sorry Crack thats not true,When I design a structure waste system I never put any thought into where the lateral enters the property,other than an opproximate end of lot.

There are too many variables under the structure to worry about a straight ditch with no offsets.

Adam
            Around here, in the DC area, most homes that were built from the late '50s to the early '70s do have relatively straight laterals and you can usually assume that the lateral lays in a straight line from the street to the house. Using the water meter crock or curb stop as a reference, if you were to imagine a straigt line, at 90 degrees off the main running through the center of the crock or stop towards the house, you are going to be right 99 percent of the time. I would never price a job based on this assumption, but it is a good rule-of-thumb around here. What is really annoying around here is that most of the water services installed in the same time period were put in the same ditch, hugging the sewer, making it impossible to repair one without almost certainly damaging the other. This lack of foresight is what makes plumberscrack statement accurate for the most part, in our part of town.

With the newer (since the early '70s) homes, developers have already placed a lateral spur on the property prior to the house being built and for the most part have put the water meter or curb stop several feet away from this connection, so straight sewers are a thing of the past. Before this, there was just a main in the street (or easement) and the plumber tapped it in the easiest location on an as-needed basis.

Bruce
            Last edited by brucestorey; 09-09-2007, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brucestorey View Post
              Around here, in the DC area, most homes that were built from the late '50s to the early '70s do have relatively straight laterals and you can usually assume that the lateral lays in a straight line from the street to the house. Using the water meter crock or curb stop as a reference, if you were to imagine a straigt line, at 90 degrees off the main running through the center of the crock or stop towards the house, you are going to be right 99 percent of the time. I would never price a job based on this assumption, but it is a good rule-of-thumb around here. What is really annoying around here is that most of the water services installed in the same time period were put in the same ditch, hugging the sewer, making it impossible to repair one without almost certainly damaging the other. This lack of foresight is what makes plumberscrack statement accurate for the most part, in our part of town.

With the newer (since the early '70s) homes, developers have already placed a lateral spur on the property prior to the house being built and for the most part have put the water meter or curb stop several feet away from this connection, so straight sewers are a thing of the past. Before this, there was just a main in the street (or easement) and the plumber tapped it in the easiest location on an as-needed basis.

Bruce
              What you posted Bruce I kindof figured was the case,and knew someone here more likely our good man Crack would explain how a straight shot could be percieved.

I just did not want readers to be interpreting posts as a no brainer.

We do not see any sewers w/out offsets here.

Right off the bat an individual cannot be sure of the building drain been directly under main vent stack because the wall that it is in could be load bearing and have a footing underneath it.Plumbing is not allowed to be run parrallel in or under these they have to be offset out of the footing first.

There are many other variables as to why a system does not exit the structure in the easiest spot for locating.

Adam

Comment

This is in the area I live and work. Past experience told Me It would exit slab in this area. My friend ,a very experianced Plumber Lives a block away. He agreed with My assumption.I could bring a locator. I have 2 kick *** laborors set up with 2 elec jack hammers with spade bitts. At the curb area is just dirt,no concrete! Also this is where junipers have to come out,root problem.
                Backhoe is in shop being serviced. No good deed shall go unpunished !
                Relative freebe , Never fails

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  This is in the area I live and work. Past experience told Me It would exit slab in this area. My friend ,a very experianced Plumber Lives a block away. He agreed with My assumption.I could bring a locator. I have 2 kick *** laborors set up with 2 elec jack hammers with spade bitts. At the curb area is just dirt,no concrete! Also this is where junipers have to come out,root problem.
                  Backhoe is in shop being serviced. No good deed shall go unpunished !
                  Relative freebe , Never fails
                  Yep,seems like it happens everytime,like our sincerity is being tested.

Friends and family "Charge-em nothin',Charge-em Double"

Comment

Pay dirt near curb! Funny makes a 45 and goes under driveway to house.
                    Up the street ,a few drives have the S for sewer etched in the middle of the apron. How common is this?

Comment

Up the street ,a few drives have the S for sewer etched in the middle of the apron. How common is this?

i find the "s" in newer tract work. along with "caution post tension cable, do not cut or core". usually inside of the slab on grade garages.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Sometimes the utilities are put in the street before the houses are laid out on the lots and no one takes into consideration of reversing the building plan to put the driveway on the other side of the lot of the lateral

Not to often out here any more cause most of the tracts are planned per model type regular or reverse plan throughout the entire development project.

But there are still some.It stinks.

Sorry

Comment

Working...
                        X