Pipe wrenches, and guys who love Them

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipe wrenches, and guys who love Them

Looked at one of My guys old 2' pipe wrench TEMCO MADE IN WEST ROXBURY MASS. I gotta steal it ,I'm from Mass. Any one else have oldinteristing tools??
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Pipe wrenches, and guys who love Them

I don't know. . .does a husband count
    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I bet the one you looked at is beat up and dirty. Here's what it should say on it.

TRIMO - Trimont Mfg. Co.

I don't have any of their pipe wrenches but I do have one of their very nice Spud wrenches and I really think Ridge needs to see it and make their's more like this one.

Size 12" / Pat'd 12-19-1911

Try to find a survey thread by Bob D. where he asks about the oldest pipe wrenches people have and still use. If I remember, JimDon has some old Trimo pipe wrenches.
      Here it is - ( http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8821 )

You might take a look on eBay. I have seen some for sale on there from time to time.
      Last edited by Woussko; 09-10-2007, 09:29 PM. Reason: Updates

Comment

Buy the looks of Your picture Rick is a lucky ,Guy

woussko,thank's for that infoI buy old tools have a tubing cutter by Imperial brass chicago 10-1 patd-99190 Will post pix later when Mom helpsWhen I go back east Newbury Mass. has Oldies ,a huge barn full of olt tools You can't believe,and cheap. I have wood planes made when Lincoln was president!
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Tool

Here's an old timer company you may remember from back home. If you go to this site, but sure to click on the About Mayhew tab and look around. People can say what they want but I regard them very highly for quality products. http://www.mayhew.com/

Sorry everyone, but this is not a company that makes pipe wrenches, but I'm sure plumbers need some of their tools in their toolboxes and service trucks.

Comment

Thank's will check it out

Comment

Pictures of my TRIMO Spud Wrench. Most of it is a metalic blue-gray color, but the end of the handle (about 2") is orange-red but a little more red than Ridgid tools are.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Woussko; 09-11-2007, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Here are 3 wrenches from the late 1890's.

My whole collection of vintage hand tools.

Here's my Stillson pipe wrench. This is the first marker of pipe wrenches, because Daniel Stillson invented the pipe wrench. I also wrapped the wrench in tape after I got it, due to a slipt in the wooden handle.

This wrench was used in the rail road industry and weighs a ton!

Here's a very old adjustable wrench.

I only have a small collection of vintage hand tools, but would like to gather more, especially those related to the plumbing industry. It's just amazing to
                own a tool that someone used, in some cases 111 years ago to complete jobs.
                Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

A ARON That's an impressive collection. Think about displaying them on a wall.

Comment

modern antiques, but I like them.

Comment

Thanks Toolaholic.
                      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Aaron

Maybe you can take a sheet of plywood and place them all in order on it and get a real nice picture or two. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
                          Here are 3 wrenches from the late 1890's.

My whole collection of vintage hand tools.

Here's my Stillson pipe wrench. This is the first marker of pipe wrenches, because Daniel Stillson invented the pipe wrench. I also wrapped the wrench in tape after I got it, due to a slipt in the wooden handle.

This wrench was used in the rail road industry and weighs a ton!

Here's a very old adjustable wrench.

I only have a small collection of vintage hand tools, but would like to gather more, especially those related to the plumbing industry. It's just amazing to
                          own a tool that someone used, in some cases 111 years ago to complete jobs.
                          very vintage. would like to take a closer at these..

Comment

Bill g ,are those step wrenches [multiple sizes,as you go into the jaw] ?

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                              Bill g ,are those step wrenches [multiple sizes,as you go into the jaw] ?

one side is smooth the other has teeth. yes they fit multiple sizes.

Comment

Working...
                              X