X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sovent drainage systems

Does anyone have any experience with this system? Is it authorized by code? Anyone have to work with or snake this kind of system? Seems kind of hard to snake. I'm strictly residential so this is just for curiosity's sake.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Sovent drainage systems

So no one has anything to talk about this?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

give me more detail Ben
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Check this out http://www.sovent.com/. This system was originally designed in Switzerland.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Interesting..1st time ive seen that...to answer your question...no i havent worked on one of those systems
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Ben, to be honest I thought your thread title was a typo for "solvent".
            Which to me meant maybe acid or hazardous chemical systems
            I dunno where you were referred to this set-up, but it seems like they may be seeking code approval.
            Interesting note regarding their engineering comments on the web page:
            "The aerator fitting is designed with an offset chamber to slow the soil and waste matter at each floor, never allowing it to reach its terminal velocity thus eliminating back pressure."
            I thought offsets in soil stacks was resolved here when several members established that physics doesn't allow terminal velocity inside a stack...dunno, but I'd just as soon leave the new stuff to engineering boards and government experts and keep it simple.

Comment

Ben,

Sovent is what most of the high rises in Las Vegas are plumbed in. You can always tell the Sovent buildings by the lingering smell of sewer gas throughout the building.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                Ben,

Sovent is what most of the high rises in Las Vegas are plumbed in. You can always tell the Sovent buildings by the lingering smell of sewer gas throughout the building.

Mark
                Why the smell? Wouldn't the p-traps handle that? Since most systems last for 50+ years, how does a system get code approved? It's not like they can just rip it out if it doesn't work the first time.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

We installed a sovent system in a pair of 5 story dormitories at a local university last year and have not had any problems. It was teh first for our firm, but so far so good.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                    Ben, to be honest I thought your thread title was a typo for "solvent".
                    Which to me meant maybe acid or hazardous chemical systems
                    Me too.

Bruce

Comment

One more thing, as far as snaking goes, the fittings have baffles in them and can make it difficult to snake.

REgadrs,

Comment

Originally posted by biscuit View Post
                        One more thing, as far as snaking goes, the fittings have baffles in them and can make it difficult to snake.

REgadrs,

Yeah, I was going to comment on the snaking part, there looks like there would be directional problems.

But, with the reduced velocity aerator fitting, maybe there will never be stoppages
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Ben,

It has to do with poorly designed and/or installed systems and traps that siphon out.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            Ben,

It has to do with poorly designed and/or installed systems and traps that siphon out.

Mark

Good morning mark, I noticed there is not a radius on the fitting, straight in, not good for the drainage part. Are they code approved due to the fact that they aren't really a directional fitting?? I am unable to tell what the inside looks like, but I think someone said there was a baffle? still not very directional in my book.

Looks like a good idea, if only the fitting was better designed. of the inlets had a radius and some sort of direction that wouldn't slow the flow.....
                            sigpic

Robert

Comment

Yep,

You got a "pressure relief line" at the bottom that is ran a specified distance horizontal and dumps back in the "de-aerator" fitting at the bottom of the stack. The length of this line does matter. We have been there and done that

If installed per mfr. specifications, the system seems to work quite well. IMO

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                              X