Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

will portable washing machine damage water main?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: will portable washing machine damage water main?

BHD, I meant to post regarding that, I know an inspector that requires tanks to be set @ 160, then a tempering valve added because of legionaires hazard.

Regarding fonts, I wish more folks would use more original text, would make things a heck of alot easier when scrolling to identify specific members.
    But Dog...please...leave the purple to Sylvan, it'd be outta character on you.
    Yer just not a purple kinda guy...

Regarding trashing other members for stating what they beleive to be fact, sorry no offense meant, but if I'm ever wrong please feel free correct me, spare the insult, I'm not perfikt, just ask the new wife.

I came to this forum for THAT very reason.
    To exchange info, thoughts and idea's relative to my trade with peers, hopefully hear contradicting idea's and their reasoning.
    It seemed like if ANY name would have a forum like that, it would be RIDGID.

If everyone were completely agree-able on all topics, it couldn't be a bunch of plumbers, not where I come from anyway.

Comment

FYI

Regarding the link provided by sylvan tiger (sylvan of course referring or pertaining to the jungle or forest), there is some truth in the article. Unfortunately the writer of the article appears to want to scare people.

Where the article's author got HIS information is provided in the link here http://rps.uvi.edu/CES/LeadinWater.pdf. It was in very small print at the bottom of the article.

It is agreement with standard plumbing practices that you licensed plumbers follow. If you have a house that used lead solder on the water lines, in the morning turn the tap on to flush out any lead contamination that may have accumulated due to the water standing overnight.

ToUtahNow or Plumbdog or one of the other silverback plumbers on this forum may recall when leaded solder was banned for use in potable water lines and replaced with a silver/tin solder. It was banned in part because of the potential of leaching lead into water.

The hard water on the West coast (or left coast for you easteners ) actually makes for a slower leach rate of lead into the water.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
        BHD, I meant to post regarding that, I know an inspector that requires tanks to be set @ 160, then a tempering valve added because of legionaires hazard.

Regarding fonts, I wish more folks would use more original text, would make things a heck of alot easier when scrolling to identify specific members.
        But Dog...please...leave the purple to Sylvan, it'd be outta character on you.
        Yer just not a purple kinda guy...

Regarding trashing other members for stating what they beleive to be fact, sorry no offense meant, but if I'm ever wrong please feel free correct me, spare the insult, I'm not perfikt, just ask the new wife.

I came to this forum for THAT very reason.
        To exchange info, thoughts and idea's relative to my trade with peers, hopefully hear contradicting idea's and their reasoning.
        It seemed like if ANY name would have a forum like that, it would be RIDGID.

If everyone were completely agree-able on all topics, it couldn't be a bunch of plumbers, not where I come from anyway.
        I agree with Butter on trashing if you are wrong. I have been wrong a number of times, was told so by those who know and admitted it. What I think Josh is referring to is trashing someone with a different business philosophy on every post regardless of the content. I don't, nor would I, speak for Josh, the best webmaster I have ever dealt with, but I think that was his intention. If not, he can correct me, I'm just trying to clarify his post.
        the dog

Comment

Right Dog, but if there's an alternative view and it isn't insulative, profane or threatening...I'd be concerned with the line between free speech and censorship.
          Yes, the insultive part is in question there, I know.
          Many of your posts are a bit adverse, but I understand where your coming from.
          I actually see things as you do regarding the DIY'ers, and self proclaimed contractors.
          I get frustrated as I do hundreds of estimates in a year and so many either admit they might do it themselves, or ask me to drop my prices unreasonably low.(a concern of mine regarding the weirdly adverse nature this topic takes on in this forum)
          My point is best made with a real example...you and I regarding the whole "offset" thread.
          It got a lil' ugly, sure, but it was very interesting, provocative. (ok, funny too)
          If you hadn't been able to comfortably communicate they way you do, the thread may not have wound up so passionate and inevitably informative.

Comment

Working...
          X