Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PE Fittings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PE Fittings

    I'm being told that that they now make "push-on" fittings for PE gas pipe that are UPC approved. Does anyone have experience with these?
    the dog

  • #2
    Re: PE Fittings

    the same as sharkbite, scarry the amount of play in the fitting
    how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: PE Fittings

      I had a plumbing inspector telling me about them a few months back, forget the name but he and I jokingly agreed best to let more brave souls be test pilots and sit back in wait for potential lawsuits.
      The whole PEX crimp thing is starting to buzz with the "L" word of late.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: PE Fittings

        Originally posted by plumbdog10 View Post
        I'm being told that that they now make "push-on" fittings for PE gas pipe that are UPC approved. Does anyone have experience with these?
        dog, if it's what i'm thinking, they've been around for many years. i've used just the couplings for up to 1.5''. the gas co. has used them for years to keep from fusing pipes in emergencies.

        try central plastics. they are mechanical fittings/couplings.

        the fittings are spendy and are almost identical to a sharkbite fitting in principal. you need to chamfer the outer edge and mark the insertion depth.

        they are not removable or reusable. unless you bet me and i take the salesman $100.00 i was nice and only asked him for lunch

        rick.

        please note they are hdpe. high density poly ethelyn
        Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 09-13-2007, 11:53 PM.
        phoebe it is

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: PE Fittings

          I found out today that there is a company using PE Pipe and Fittings to run potable water in homes The guy there was running chiller and gas lines in el camino college. they ran all fiberglass water lines etc, he was there purchasing some pe fittings for the gas line and this is how the conversation started. He spoke highly about the quality of the PE Pipe and fittings and how great it is when it is used on water systems.

          Anyone heard about this? PE Pipe and fittings for water systems. Is it legal? I cannot recall if it is a material listed under approved material for a potable water system. Is it approved with a verience??
          sigpic

          Robert

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: PE Fittings

            Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
            I had a plumbing inspector telling me about them a few months back, forget the name but he and I jokingly agreed best to let more brave souls be test pilots and sit back in wait for potential lawsuits.
            The whole PEX crimp thing is starting to buzz with the "L" word of late.
            What have you heard?
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: PE Fittings

              Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
              I found out today that there is a company using PE Pipe and Fittings to run potable water in homes The guy there was running chiller and gas lines in el camino college. they ran all fiberglass water lines etc, he was there purchasing some pe fittings for the gas line and this is how the conversation started. He spoke highly about the quality of the PE Pipe and fittings and how great it is when it is used on water systems.

              Anyone heard about this? PE Pipe and fittings for water systems. Is it legal? I cannot recall if it is a material listed under approved material for a potable water system. Is it approved with a verience??
              robert, cities are using this as a sliplining material for water mains.

              a few years back i saw them using 24''-36'' hdpe pipe to slipline the potable water main. this is sort of the pipe bursting principal without the burting.

              the material is so slick and clean that even though they lost a few inches of diameter, (wall thickness plus clearance) it still provided more than enough volume due to a better coefficient of friction.

              i still believe that the original question posed by dog was based on a gas hdpe fitting

              rick.
              phoebe it is

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: PE Fittings

                Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                What have you heard?

                ZurnĀ® Class Action Informational Website

                Comment

                Working...
                X