X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which faucet brand is this??

I think this is a grohe.not sure...what do you guys think?

Click image for larger version

Name:	d019d3d0ba5ab96fdcee9118aff6a5a1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1891

Name:	5f53d56e4349a827f4b5b2fda7aed520.jpg
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	1892

Name:	ae8e1996632e1a432bbedbd9777646e5.jpg
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1893
    sigpic

Robert

Re: which faucet brand is this??

robert, robert, robert,

everyone knows that's a price phister mini widespread duh

probably a compression stem and not a ceramic 1/4 turn.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thats great rick, the customer said it was like 15 yrs old Question then, need to change the cold side stem, so I assume the chrome cap on top will pop off with a knife? to access the screw to remove the handle?

By the way, I have never seen this style price pfister before, and since the house has all grohe and fredrick grohe, I thought this would be grohe too.

Thanks for the help rick. glad to have a little plumbing on the forum
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Anymore guesses on this faucet, or is everyone going to agree on the price pfister guess???????
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Robert,

Since it's a 4" mini-widespread and it's age it kind of limits the options. Is it ready for replacement or just a poor picture?

Mark
          Last edited by ToUtahNow; 09-15-2007, 11:54 PM.
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
            Anymore guesses on this faucet, or is everyone going to agree on the price pfister guess???????
            I can barely see detail in the pics, except the underside one.
            A house full of all grohe, then one price pfister is pretty odd.
            To repair a grohe you call the MFG and see if they can direct you to the nearest dealer, or more likely they send the part free as part of the original warranty (lifetime I think).
            For a Price Pfister you explain to the customer that getting the parts for a piece of crap is as expensive as replacing it with something just a slight bit better. (Not a Pfister fan here)

Comment

Speaking of underside, is that a hand pounded drop in?
              If so..nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                Robert,

Since it's a 4" mini-widespread it kind of limits the options. Is it ready for replacement or just a poor picture?

Mark

well, the faucet is in good shape overall, I need to replace the cold stem, I am unable to remove the cap, I believe it is just a pop off to expose the screw, just don't wanna damage it if I am unable to get the parts, I want to give my customer her options, so I am curious if anyone can come up with a model number or something. I will find out what it really is on monday, I just want to see who is going to be right

I have one vote for price pfister (rick)

Please note, I have never seen a price pfister, this style before, so it should be interesting.......... I think Grohe, of Fredrick Grohe, something in that area. Rick was right about the stem though, it isn't a 1/4 turn, it is a full spin, but the handles could have gave that away, due to the fact that round handles are usually full spin and the levers are 1/4 turn
                sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                  Speaking of underside, is that a hand pounded drop in?
                  If so..nice.

Yeah,t he sink is sweet, the customer isn't happy with it, she wants to go back to her old oval vessel she had

Custoemr preference I guess, she has a very beautiful, modern house, so this goes against the price pfister idea.

Have an idea ducky?? it's kinda fun, like a treasure hunt..........

We have a great supply store here in town for grohe parts, actually, all stems and parts, from very old to very new, it's a great place to go for hard to find items.
                  sigpic

Robert

Comment

Robert,

What are the chances of using your micro and locating a name or model number on the body?

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Robert,

What are the chances of using your micro and locating a name or model number on the body?

Mark
                      robert doesn't have a micro yet

maybe santa will come early

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Robert,

Mark
                        LOL, now there's putting that thing to good use....

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                          well, the faucet is in good shape overall, I need to replace the cold stem, I am unable to remove the cap, I believe it is just a pop off to expose the screw, just don't wanna damage it if I am unable to get the parts, I want to give my customer her options, so I am curious if anyone can come up with a model number or something. I will find out what it really is on monday, I just want to see who is going to be right

I have one vote for price pfister (rick)

Please note, I have never seen a price pfister, this style before, so it should be interesting.......... I think Grohe, of Fredrick Grohe, something in that area. Rick was right about the stem though, it isn't a 1/4 turn, it is a full spin, but the handles could have gave that away, due to the fact that round handles are usually full spin and the levers are 1/4 turn
                          robert, are you going to doubt me

lets just for fun say the loser plays a round of lightning

if you're going to chance it, i'll put fresh batteries in it

remember the k-7500 cable debate

hopefully you'll change your mind before i shock the crap out of you

now if you do want to chance it, i'll bring lightning in time for zeljka's birthday

rick.

by the way, this price phister used the "hydro seal stems"

still want to chance it

lightning is charging
                          phoebe it is

Comment

I would go with Price Pfister, also. I could tell easier by looking at the pop-up assembly. To me, the rod linkage I see in the one shot doesn't look like it would be Grohe, but if you have a picture of the whole assembly, post it.

That particular style has been copied by so many off-beat brands, it is hard to say for sure, but the valve body does look like a Price Pfister mini-widespread.

Bruce

Comment

I agree with Bruce the pop-up will give you a good clue.

Body looks PP but the trim looks American Standard (Amarilis? maybe)

Who else would make a mini-spread with a big honking spout like that?
                              Last edited by plumberscrack; 09-16-2007, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X