Just read this elsewhere

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just read this elsewhere

A N.Y. hardware store is selling A product described as Gas tite or Ward Flex ,over the counter. I have a gas tite card [took the class] use it seldom. Like it in crawlers from hell,otherwise I thread. Can this be so!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Just read this elsewhere

home centers have been selling ss gas line to anyone with cash in hand for years.

Comment

Originally posted by BILLG View Post
      home centers have been selling ss gas line to anyone with cash in hand for years.
      Not in my state they don't.
      They were fined substantially a few years back for offering tutorials on water heater installs, there's a $100 fine per item for any gas product that doesn't come with applicable codes attached.

Comment

these csst products are only designed for licensed plumbers. they were never meant for the unlicensed public.

the reps should go there and fine the company that has sold it to them.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
          Not in my state they don't.
          They were fined substantially a few years back for offering tutorials on water heater installs, there's a $100 fine per item for any gas product that doesn't come with applicable codes attached.
          I wish it was like that here. they can sell practically anything here then we get to pick up the pieces. I try to avoid using csst if at all possible, just doesn't feel right to me. I like threading pipe, it's nice and solid, nobody's going to drive a nail or screw through it and it's pleasing to the eye.

Comment

A couple of us on another forum are pushing this handy Man to disclose the Hardwares Name and address. Now He's scared,I believe. He's still going to install CSST in a customers home!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Menards has been selling it here for years.

Comment

Thank's Rudguy , We all live diff. places ,can you decribe this outlet,plumb. supply? or hardware? The Manuf reps. have training for good reason ! Then they sell to homebuyer suppliers? Don't get it! Product liabilty insurers would not like this I'm sure.

Comment

Heck, ask a licensed guy thats been certified only in Trac-Pipe to install some wardflex.
                  For those of you who've done both, you know where I'm going.
                  Now picture a homeowner doing it.

Comment

Working...
                  X