abs drain pipe in ground

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abs drain pipe in ground

hi all, i just joined and hope to have some help from some of you, i am in los angeles county and on a home here i took over a plumbing job, we are putting a washing machine in the garage and using abs pipe for waste and vent, we are on a exterior wall and i have the drain passing thru the stucco wall and dropping to the ground and running about 4 feet to the main house sewer, QUESTION IS can the pipe be exposed at all ? as i am only able to cover part way with soil---i thougt if i had to i can pour concrete or build a brick tunnel over the pipe to protect it---i usally dig deeper but this one is different, thanks steve

Re: abs drain pipe in ground

Originally posted by mohavered View Post
    hi all, i just joined and hope to have some help from some of you, i am in los angeles county and on a home here i took over a plumbing job, we are putting a washing machine in the garage and using abs pipe for waste and vent, we are on a exterior wall and i have the drain passing thru the stucco wall and dropping to the ground and running about 4 feet to the main house sewer, QUESTION IS can the pipe be exposed at all ? as i am only able to cover part way with soil---i thougt if i had to i can pour concrete or build a brick tunnel over the pipe to protect it---i usally dig deeper but this one is different, thanks steve
    On drain re-routes I use cast iron when I penetrate to the exterior and into the ground until I feel it is at a safe bury depth.

I have had ABS exposed before and the inspector has approved it. The only thing is if it is exposed, it has to be painted so the sun does not destroy the pipe and fittings, ABS is not UV resistent.
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

http://www.minisplitsystems.com/cgi/...i?item_num=SEN

What about using this? I use these when installing mini-splits and it would seem to fit your application.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

ABS cannot be exposed and must have 18" of cover or covered with hardscape. As Robert suggested swap that section out to cast iron until you are deep enough.

Welcome to the site.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

thanks utah, west coast and junkie, for your input, mohavered

Comment

Working...
          X