Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm very proud of this work, what do you guys think?!

Kid, In my book you'r a hero. The work is neat and you too the time to make things straight and liik good. You obviously care about your work and the trade. Believe me at your age there are damned few that do. Kudos, you will go far if you keep it up.
    sigpic

Comment

I am glad to see such a young person getting involved in the construction business. There are very few young people around here that are willing to get there hands dirty.

Comment

My dad taught me to always put hot water tanks on 3 or 4 bricks to elevate them so they don't rust out from the bottom in those 100 year old damp basements in Toronto. Of course thats when tanks lasted more than 5-6 years. I replaced a GULFSTREAM water tank that was 32 years old a couple of years ago....I don't think most tanks last 32 years these days! Having said that, I still put my tanks of 3 or 4 bricks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by proplumb View Post
          wher im from there is never a checkvalve on a supply line ever, no expansion tanks, no vacume breakers, never had a tank blow in the whole time there has been a code here, were by no means a new city either, not to many hwt's do a maintenence cycle either
          2.6.1.5 - A check valve shall be installed at the building end of a water service pipe where the pipe is made of plastic that is suitable for cold water use only.

2.6.1.7 (8) - A vacuum-relief valve shall be installed when any tank may be subject to back-siphonage.

2.6.1.11 - Protection against thermal expansion shall be required when a check valve, a backflow preventer, or a pressure reducing valve is required.

-- National Plumbing Code of Canada 2005

Comment

Working...
          X