Whole House Traps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whole House Traps

I think that I got the pipes cut cleanly and the new stuff installed. The only thing left to do is buy a reducer for the vent and put a smaller pipe on that. I attached a few pictures of the nearly finished product. I packed the sand well, added rocks and a flat stone below the trap.
    Attached Files

Comment

and thanks for all the help. You were righ about Usave supply house in SF is way better than Central Builders Supply.

Comment

hard to tell from the pics, but what side is your vent on?

Comment

Early in the Morn., when the plumbing inspectors are still in, bring Your pictures in! It May save You a $170.00 re inspection fee,if they don't like something. Over 30 inspectors have been laid off in the city!
          They're desperate for cash. Good luck, Tool
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by kcthree View Post
            and thanks for all the help. You were righ about Usave supply house in SF is way better than Central Builders Supply.
            Kent told Me today He passed His inspection !!
            No small feat for a homeowner in S.F. WELL DONE KENT
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Again...why would you want something like that on your system...That has to be a bitc* to snake .Especially when they get to built up..Whole house trap..
              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                Again...why would you want something like that on your system...That has to be a bitc* to snake .Especially when they get to built up..Whole house trap..
                I agree house traps have got to be the dumbest requirement . As far I know they are illegal here. I know if I saw one I would cut it out .

Comment

Some homes need them to protect against sewer gas that can be very corrosive. I posted a pic of a 3" copper vent stack that fell victim to sewer gas. A whole hose trap would have prevented that,but pvc cures the problem and no house trap needed. It wll also attack cast iron.

Comment

Aren't all D.W.V. systems subject to sewer gas?

Comment

Do you have many building traps installed in your area?

Comment

Never run into one here..In a typical house the main stack vent helps vent the sewer

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper City Plumber View Post
                          I agree house traps have got to be the dumbest requirement . As far I know they are illegal here. I know if I saw one I would cut it out .
                          Ever see the movie Bullet? Picture the velocity of sewer water ,IN A RAIN STORM, on our steep hills! Whole house traps prevent siphoning of the house lateral,side sewer for You Easterners, in such cases , That's what a S.F. Plumbing Inspector told Me. storm drains,sewerage ,area drains ,all tie together to be treated. NEXT

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                            Ever see the movie Bullet? Picture the velocity of sewer water ,IN A RAIN STORM, on our steep hills! Whole house traps prevent siphoning of the house lateral,side sewer for You Easterners, in such cases , That's what a S.F. Plumbing Inspector told Me. storm drains,sewerage ,area drains ,all tie together to be treated. NEXT
                            There are nearby cities here that still utilize combination sewers for sanitary and storm ..And no house traps.. So what you are saying is they are only in places similar to S.F. Hilly areas with combination sewers?

NEXT
                            Last edited by OLD1; 02-05-2011, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Even though it's considered double trapping, they are required in many townships and borough's in my area by the townships & sewer authority.

Believe it or not, our lawn/curb traps can be an good source of entry into the line to go either way into the sewer system.

However, the town I live in, has a few houses that have house traps in the basement, which could be a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper City Plumber View Post
                                You wouldn't be cutting them out here.

Comment

Working...
                                X