Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: flush valve in residence

AWK

Do you have room somewhere near the toilet for say a 10 gallon (or larger) bladder/diaphram type tank which could stand on the floor near the new toilet?

Please see this .PDF file and what I have in mind is a V45 tank somewhere on the basement floor near the toilet. Feed it from the current cold water pipe near the toilet and then run 1" copper sweat pipe and fittings from the tank outlet over to the flush valve. That should give you a good blast of water. Please install a check valve near the inlet of the new tank which may end up being a T as the tank may have only one connection point.

http://www.watertanks.com/images/pdf...s-hydropro.pdf

I recommend discussing this with a licensed plumber in your area before you buy equipment and start working.
    Last edited by Woussko; 09-28-2007, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by biscuit View Post
      Nevermind, dirtyhand, I now see where you were going. At first I thought you were attacking me for some reason that I could not see, but I get it

Well done
      Bisquit,

As you have seen I have deleted the post,I would not "attack" anyone withwhom I respect.

Glad you caught it

The deletion was a direct action after seeking counsel from another wiser forum member

Adam
      Last edited by drtyhands; 09-28-2007, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post

The deletion was a direct action after seeking counsel from another wiser forum member

Adam
        Was he older too
        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by biscuit View Post
          Sylvan,

I have never seen such. I am 37 years old, but remember I am in Mississippi (Redneck capitol of the world). By the way, I do consider myself to be a redneck as well.

I have seen pictures of the system you describe but have never examined one in person. But what the hell, if it works, go with it.

I have seen some strange/different ways of doing things when I worked in Europe for a couple of years( Mostly Portugal and Spain). Damn I miss Portugal, small country, but loved the laid back attitude of everyone; once you get out of Lisbon.

Regards,

Actually those oak tanks copper inserted copper box worked great and gravity never failed

Barcelona Spain ,Crete Greece, Malta, Palma de Majorca, Italy and yes Spain is gorgeous especially by the old winery areas.

Boston and NYC talks old when your looking buildings from 1800's Then you go to these areas of the world and see churches from the 1,400's

I wonder why with all the high tech we cant build structures that last and last

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
            Was he older too
            That and owns a lot more property than I

Comment

No offense taken Dirtyhands, I had to read up a post or two, but I saw where you were going

Its all good.

Comment

Working...
              X