kitchen double sink

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: kitchen double sink

Your in a Condo...you share the same stack (vent pipe) as your neighbor on the 2nd floor...You do NOT have to run water all day, but if the 2nd floor is running it will block and come into your place...Over time a pipe will become choked down due to grease, detergents etc. and block up....Unfortunately this a common thing to happen to rentals, condos, apts, etc...Bad thing is usually unless clogged in the sink itself, the 1st floor or basement unit gets the water backing up.....Get this taken care of as fast as you can...Go upstairs and ask your neighbors not to run any water all....and dont you run any water as well....
    The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
      Your in a Condo...you share the same stack (vent pipe) as your neighbor on the 2nd floor...You do NOT have to run water all day, but if the 2nd floor is running it will block and come into your place...Over time a pipe will become choked down due to grease, detergents etc. and block up....Unfortunately this a common thing to happen to rentals, condos, apts, etc...Bad thing is usually unless clogged in the sink itself, the 1st floor or basement unit gets the water backing up.....Get this taken care of as fast as you can...Go upstairs and ask your neighbors not to run any water all....and dont you run any water as well....
      I find it quite odd, that you're giving Plumbing advice, when you're not even a Licensed Plumber.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozone89 View Post
        I find it quite odd, that you're giving Plumbing advice, when you're not even a Licensed Plumber.
        I hate to say it Ozone But a license don't mean S#!t and I have had one since 1990.

Drains doing a pretty good job supporting others.Got some pretty good advice too.

Where the h*ll you been,ain't seen ya in a while

Comment

Drain's done a lot more for this forum than you ever will!! And that was without a license. I expected this low blow from "someone" else, not you. You're in PA too I notice, maybe someone is a little jealous over another man's success?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            I hate to say it Ozone But a license don't mean S#!t and I have had one since 1990.

Drains doing a pretty good job supporting others.Got some pretty good advice too.

Where the h*ll you been,ain't seen ya in a while
            In the State of Pennsylvania, a Plumbing License means everything. Drain medic already admitted to me he isn't Licensed, and he's working in area's where you need to be licensed to drain clean. I've warned him already, that 1 should watch what you say on a message board, cause you never know when someone in code enforcement or township official would be watching. Blatantly breaking the law,and running your mouth, is not my idea of being a Professional and a way to conduct business. There is a reason why we follow rules in life...if there were no rules, we wouldn't be require to have Plumbing licenses.
            Each year, I always nab a handful of Drain Cleaners and illegal Plumbers, who think they are above the law provided by the State and health department. There are some area's in Pa, who have not adopted this law, in which he is free to work. But when you sit there and tell me on a message board, that you work in my coded area without a Plumbing License..that takes balls! There is a reason why the Big Drain companies are licensed Plumbers...he is no different.

Anyways,

I've been extremely busy with work, which is a surprise, since the housing market took a dump. I've also been busy with inspections and township B/S... I have not had time to log on and chat.

Comment

When I receive my license, do angels sing from the heavens and I'm magically bequeathed all worldly plumbing knowledge? Is this what happens when you get your license? How did anybody know how to do plumbing without a license?! What came first; the plumber or the license? Ooh, ooh, I know, the license because without that all the plumbing knowledge in the world doesn't mean squat.

Yes, this entire post is sarcastic in case you couldn't tell.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                Drain's done a lot more for this forum than you ever will!! And that was without a license. I expected this low blow from "someone" else, not you. You're in PA too I notice, maybe someone is a little jealous over another man's success?
                I've notice through your track record, you like to try and pick apart others for not having the same mind set as yourself. I honestly think you need a lot of growing up to do...seriously.

Let me educate you on something you haven't got the first idea about...ok?

First, I live 1 hour away from where this man lives...he's not my competition. Secondly..why would I be jealous of a man who hasn't been in business as long as our family business has been in?

Lastly...who exactly are you anyways? You're nothing more then an immature little kid who kicks and screams when he doesn't get his way. You have a track record on these forums of attacking people for things you have no business getting yourself involved in. I don;t care how nice the man is..he's breaking the law in certain area's of his own state. I was voted in and hired to do a job protecting the consumer, in making sure people are properly licensed to do work within our jurisdiction. You can't possibly fathom the responsibility that comes along with that.
                You don't know the ramifications of what would happen to this township if someone got sick, because an un-licensed contractor came in and had code violations after the work he conducted.

I don't even know why I'm having this discussing with an adolescent. I suggest you go into your local Code enforcement office and educate yourself on the law.

Comment

Ozone, you got this so wrong. Your arguement with Greg is that he doesn't need to give advice because he's not licensed. Was his advice good? I think so. What if he was licensed but gave the same advice? Would you think any different? If so, why? You place the license on a pedestal and it seems that's all you see. Look at the man behind the license (or not). Let's say Rick, Utah, or any of these guys didn't have a license. Would their advice have been any less useful? A license does set a minimum standard to work in the trades but look at the whole picture, it doesn't fully measure one's knowledge.

As for me being an immature kid; call me a kid, that's in retrospect of your age compared to mine. Immature, I'm not. I'll give you a run down of who I don't like on the forum:
                  1. teiger- why even bother commenting
                  2. Dog- bullies people and posts have been written about his actions. I do believe Dog is a valuable addition to the forum but me and him have different personalities and got off on the wrong foot. Can't get along with everyone in life. No big deal.
                  3. freddy- you want to talk about about a guy that shouldn't give plumbing advice, go after him. Look at his posts. We don't even know what state he's from.
                  That's all of them. I like and care for everyone else and they would always have a place to stay if they came to Virginia. I'm passionate about the forum because I met people who live plumbing like myself. What you take as being confrontational, I consider standing up for myself and what I would be priviledged to call, my friends.

You're just as passionate about your job and take it very seriously. I love that. Just don't take a light ribbing too seriously.

Ben
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I just deleted a bunch of words.

Stick around a while Ozone.You remind me of someone.

I would like to read more of your interests and beliefs.

Lot of good and I mean good people here that are VERY sharp,you should meet them

Comment

Ozone, you got this so wrong. Your arguement with Greg is that he doesn't need to give advice because he's not licensed. Was his advice good? I think so. What if he was licensed but gave the same advice? Would you think any different? If so, why? You place the license on a pedestal and it seems that's all you see. Look at the man behind the license (or not). Let's say Rick, Utah, or any of these guys didn't have a license. Would their advice have been any less useful? A license does set a minimum standard to work in the trades but look at the whole picture, it doesn't fully measure one's knowledge.

As for me being an immature kid; call me a kid, that's in retrospect of your age compared to mine. Immature, I'm not. I'll give you a run down of who I don't like on the forum:
                      2. Dog- bullies people and posts have been written about his actions. I do believe Dog is a valuable addition to the forum but me and him have different personalities and got off on the wrong foot. Can't get along with everyone in life. No big deal.
                      3. freddy- you want to talk about about a guy that shouldn't give plumbing advice, go after him. Look at his posts. We don't even know what state he's from.
                      That's all of them. I like and care for everyone else and they would always have a place to stay if they came to Virginia. I'm passionate about the forum because I met people who live plumbing like myself. What you take as being confrontational, I consider standing up for myself and what I would be priviledged to call, my friends.

You're just as passionate about your job and take it very seriously. I love that. Just don't take a light ribbing too seriously.

Ben
                      Ben -

I associate a Plumbing license with going to school and have been educated in the craft you possess. I'm not 100% correct, but in most states, you have to go to school in order to obtain that Plumbing license. There is a reason why you need to go to school for 4 years, and work with a Master Plumber for 5.

I learned so much about theory when I went to Plumbing school...I really did. Did you know..my first day of Plumbing school, I didn't know what a water closet was? Mind you..I've been doing Plumbing since I was 13 years old..and..well..we just called it a toilet. I loved Plumbing school so much, I took it a step further and started going to code seminars' and I'm still learning new things about our craft everyday. What I will agree with is..I think it's silly that..code A you're only allowed to go so far from a vented line with 2"...and Code B..you can go this far from a vent with 2".

Now here is the thing...you have home owners who come to this board for advice and questions to solve problems at homes. I find it odd, that someone who doesn't hire out for Plumbing..OR even a licensed Plumber..give advice on something he doesn't know everything about.
                      He explain to me that..(paraphrasing) that Drain cleaners are more qualified then Plumbers to clean drains...and I disagree with that statement, cause Drain Cleaners who are not licensed, don't know anything about proper venting..sud zones..etc. I can go into many different scenario's with drains.

Now..if I was a customer and I ask the drain tech a plumbing question about my drain and why did this happen..I wouldn't want to hear.."Sir..I'm here to just cable your drain" I would want someone who could give me possible idea's of why this drain is acting up..is it a venting issue? Was it installed improperly? No offense to Drain cleaners who are NOT licensed but..they don't have the slightest clue on how to design or dissect a Plumbing system. if you know how to design..you know the theory behind what you're doing.

Now the problem is..the drain cleaners who are not licensed, have a problem with what I say. That's fine...but in certain area's of my state and many other states..there is no question about who should be licensed or not.
                      You don't see me picking apart the guys in California for the laws they have..I understand things are different.

I'm not an electrician or a license one at that....but I have a lot of opinions on electric..should I go to an electricians message board and give out advice?

Comment

Ben -

I associate a Plumbing license with going to school and have been educated in the craft you possess. I'm not 100% correct, but in most states, you have to go to school in order to obtain that Plumbing license. There is a reason why you need to go to school for 4 years, and work with a Master Plumber for 5.

I learned so much about theory when I went to Plumbing school...I really did. Did you know..my first day of Plumbing school, I didn't know what a water closet was? Mind you..I've been doing Plumbing since I was 13 years old..and..well..we just called it a toilet. I loved Plumbing school so much, I took it a step further and started going to code seminars' and I'm still learning new things about our craft everyday. What I will agree with is..I think it's silly that..code A you're only allowed to go so far from a vented line with 2"...and Code B..you can go this far from a vent with 2".

Now here is the thing...you have home owners who come to this board for advice and questions to solve problems at homes. I find it odd, that someone who doesn't hire out for Plumbing..OR even a licensed Plumber..give advice on something he doesn't know everything about.
                        He explain to me that..(paraphrasing) that Drain cleaners are more qualified then Plumbers to clean drains...and I disagree with that statement, cause Drain Cleaners who are not licensed, don't know anything about proper venting..sud zones..etc. I can go into many different scenario's with drains.

Now..if I was a customer and I ask the drain tech a plumbing question about my drain and why did this happen..I wouldn't want to hear.."Sir..I'm here to just cable your drain" I would want someone who could give me possible idea's of why this drain is acting up..is it a venting issue? Was it installed improperly? No offense to Drain cleaners who are NOT licensed but..they don't have the slightest clue on how to design or dissect a Plumbing system. if you know how to design..you know the theory behind what you're doing.

Now the problem is..the drain cleaners who are not licensed, have a problem with what I say. That's fine...but in certain area's of my state and many other states..there is no question about who should be licensed or not.
                        You don't see me picking apart the guys in California for the laws they have..I understand things are different.

I'm not an electrician or a license one at that....but I have a lot of opinions on electric..should I go to an electricians message board and give out advice?
                        Read posts by Sylvan tieger

Greatly anticipating you views on this licensed individuals advice.

Comment

3. freddy- you want to talk about about a guy that shouldn't give plumbing advice, go after him. Look at his posts. We don't even know what state he's from.Ben
                          ben, you got 2 out of 3 correct that's 67% correct. you pass, your essay put you over the edge

as stated earlier, a license doesn't necessarily show ones skills or abilities. i for 1 know that both ben and greg know what they are doing in their field of work

the plumbing license and contractors license, make it legal to to work and run a business. an unlicensed person is not necessarily smarter or dumber than a licensed plumber. just takes a larger risk if they get caught or screw up

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            ben, you got 2 out of 3 correct that's 67% correct. you pass, your essay put you over the edge

as stated earlier, a license doesn't necessarily show ones skills or abilities. i for 1 know that both ben and greg know what they are doing in their field of work

the plumbing license and contractors license, make it legal to to work and run a business. an unlicensed person is not necessarily smarter or dumber than a licensed plumber. just takes a larger risk if they get caught or screw up

rick.
                            Rick - you got half of it right..the reason for a License is, is that you understand the Plumbing laws. Plumbing laws meaning..sizing of vents Plumbing theory etc.
                            An Unlicensed Plumber doesn't have the slightest clue about Plumbing design...and that's a fact. So in turn..it does make a person kind of dumb of what's going on in our trade.

A License means you understand what you are doing in the Plumbing trade.

No offense to your opinion, but protecting the health of the Nation is the reason why we have to obtain those licenses..has nothing to do with actual business practice.

Comment

Ozone,

I believe your comments have merit in some but not all areas of the country. I know an awful lot of 10-year journeymen who know tons more than a first year Licensed Plumbing Contractor. The one thing you learn after being licensed for 27-years is the test to become licensed was way too easy. That being said I find Ben and Greg are doing the things they need to do to learn as much as they can about plumbing.

Most of us have traded phone numbers with each other and if someone has a question they call the person who can best help them. If Greg is in an area where a license is required for drain cleaning I hope he follows through and gets one as I am sure he is capable of doing so.

Mark
                              Last edited by ToUtahNow; 10-01-2007, 10:37 PM.
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Rick - you got half of it right..the reason for a License is, is that you understand the Plumbing laws. Plumbing laws meaning..sizing of vents Plumbing theory etc.
                                An Unlicensed Plumber doesn't have the slightest clue about Plumbing design...and that's a fact. So in turn..it does make a person kind of dumb of what's going on in our trade.

A License means you understand what you are doing in the Plumbing trade.

No offense to your opinion, but protecting the health of the Nation is the reason why we have to obtain those licenses..has nothing to do with actual business practice.
                                believe it or not 50% of our state contractors license is strictly on business and contractors laws. the other 50% was trade.

please read my post about underqualified plumbers, contractors and inspectors.

just because a person has a license, doesn't mean they know right from wrong. you would hope they do, but inspecting others work for many years, i know some don't. and that some is more than you think. i too wish it would be much harder for the average person to get a license, but it's not. even a contractors license is fairly easy.

most of my opinion is based on the repair sector, not the new construction side. at least from 1981 to present. the new construction guys i worked with were all licensed and very good at what they did. just don't count on them for service and repair.

at least we agree on 2 out of 3

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X