X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kitchen double sink

I have a question about my kitchen sink. Sometimes after doing dishes, or even on its own, both sides of the sink will start filling up, therefore, i have to start draining them manually, otherwise the water will overflow, sometimes, I see a bubbling by the drain part as it is filling up. I will usually drain about 10 buckets full of water, and than eventually the water starts to go down. Like I said, this does it on its own. I am afraid, one of these times, I will not be home and find a major mess to clean up. Can you tell me what can be the cause of this problem?

Re: kitchen double sink

Darlene,

Can you tell us a little more about your home? Single story, two story, mutli-family or whatever?

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Sounds like you have a blockage in your kitchen sink line...Do you have a garbage disposal???

Is your dishwasher hooked up to the sinks???

If it is you definitely could be dealing with a mess running your dishwasher and no one being home, the water could back up and overflow out of your sinks..

Call a Plumber or drain cleaner to come check it out for you...DO NOT PUT ANY DRAINO down there, as its acid and will only ruin your pipes, and if service is needed it could burn the person working on your lines....

Greg
      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Greg,

I'm sure your right regarding the stoppage but the real question is why is the sink filling up on it's own (10 buckets). I'm guessing multi-story or multi-family feeding the same line.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Greg,

I'm sure your right regarding the stoppage but the real question is why is the sink filling up on it's own (10 buckets). I'm guessing multi-story or multi-family feeding the same line.

Mark

Ya your right, didnt see the ON ITS OWN part lol, Darlene we definitely need more info on the residance

Greg
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

Comment

ok, i can understand greg being up first, he's e.s.t.

but mark, you're p.s.t.

greg will work the morning shift and you can work the night shift

i'll take a vacation

sounds like a common stoppage from above. is it here upper floor or a neighbors upstairs

she needs to fix it now.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Absolutely!!! ahh Rick its 849 there LOL..1149 here

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                ok, i can understand greg being up first, he's e.s.t.

but mark, you're p.s.t.

greg will work the morning shift and you can work the night shift

i'll take a vacation

sounds like a common stoppage from above. is it here upper floor or a neighbors upstairs

she needs to fix it now.

rick.
                I'm done working on this project for now so I am loaded up and waiting the traffic out then I will check of my hotel out and drive home.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                  Ya your right, didnt see the ON ITS OWN part lol, Darlene we definitely need more info on the residance

Greg
                  It is a condo building, 8 units, 3 units on each side, 2 in the middle. I am on the first floor.

Comment

Sounds like you have a stoppage in the common drain, serving you and your neighbors. Call your condo people and have them look at it. Your neighbors' drainage is coming-up in your sink.

Bruce

Comment

you mean her drain is coming down into mine, since she is above me on the second floor?

Comment

Also, I do not have a dishwasher or anything like that

Comment

Also, no garbage disposal

Comment

Since I am the president of the association, should I have her sink checked on the second floor, or my sink checked on the first floor?

Comment

Originally posted by darlene5110 View Post
                              I have a question about my kitchen sink. Sometimes after doing dishes, or even on its own, both sides of the sink will start filling up, therefore, i have to start draining them manually, otherwise the water will overflow, sometimes, I see a bubbling by the drain part as it is filling up. I will usually drain about 10 buckets full of water, and than eventually the water starts to go down. Like I said, this does it on its own. I am afraid, one of these times, I will not be home and find a major mess to clean up. Can you tell me what can be the cause of this problem?
                              Normally in a multi family home /condo / co- op they share a common waste line.

If for example this building is three stories high and the people on the top floor run their sink or dishwasher or washing machine connected to this waste line and it starts coming up in the sink below (2nd floor) that means the blockage is below the second floor BUT above the first floor so the waste has no place to go but the 2nd floor sink.

If the 2nd and 3rd floor sinks work and the water comes up the first floor sink this shows that the stoppage is directly below the first floor drain line.

In any case it is the building responsibility not the individual share holder.

Now considering this is a kitchen line it is most likely cause by grease and soap scum and water jetting rather then snaking is required to scour the internal piping to a like new condition and restore full flow.

Comment

Working...
                              X