X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WISDOM (as told to me)

wow...sylvan making a compliment to ducky...

How sweet ...is that a breakthrough of the day?

Astute- marked by practical hardheaded intelligence; "a smart businessman"; "an astute tenant always reads the small print in a lease"; "he was too shrewd to go along with them on a road that could lead only to their overthrow

Comment

Duck,

I'm a little confused by your post. Are you saying Sylvan is leaving the Ridgid Site to go to a Site for gifted kids or for slow kids?

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I guess I came in late,I don't get the heat on This Guy? Looking at His work He
        does great work[ Mech. room is beautiful work]. I'm ready to take a hike,again.
        Who cares? This is bringing all of Your good work down! Maybe the story was more of a reach out, then story. Why not start over? Tool
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          I guess I came in late,I don't get the heat on This Guy? Looking at His work He
          does great work[ Mech. room is beautiful work]. I'm ready to take a hike,again.
          Who cares? This is bringing all of Your good work down! Maybe the story was more of a reach out, then story. Why not start over? Tool
          Take a look at his abrasive attitude towards us. When we question his plumbing information that he puts out, he takes it personal and attacks our character not our plumbing information. If you met a person for the first time and he acted arrogant then begun personal attacks on you, would you say "let bygones be bygones"months later after he told 1 joke? That is one cheek I cannot turn.

I have treated everyone with the utmost respect (as 99% of us have)until given a reason not to. I will make no apologies for my dislike of tieger. He came to this forum it seems with the intention not to help out the forum as other new members have but to cause hate and discontent amongest the members. We were forewarned of this by Chris Connor. He has a habit of spreading like a virus on other forums and it appears his pattern is continuing on this one.

My Dad told me something when I was young that fits this situation perfectly, "More people get fired due to incompatibilty than incompetence".
          Last edited by gear junkie; 09-30-2007, 01:07 PM.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            He does great work[ Mech. room is beautiful work].
            I'm not saying teiger didn't do the mech room by himself, but what's to say his employees did the work and he "supervised" and took pictures.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Tool read back through the other sites this person has and does participate in and if after following the modus operandi of this new member you still feel this way I'll be bummed.

When I need help with something going in blind I can coun't on the members giving me a straight answer pertaining directly to my question.

If I ask you how far apart should I space my studs to code in my house.You are not going give me 24"(garagers speed framing and commercial non bearing steel stud layout) because you are trying to impress me with your knowledge of variables.You give me hard,straight and correct advise.I trust you because I am unskilled in your domain.You could easily Mislead me into putting 24 on center while you are saying something about rebar layout which has nothing to do with the subject.

Do not think that the individuals here are not wanting more qualified individuals.Of course everyone is welcome,haven't we had many qualified guys join in lately.

The forum will figure out a way for this to be resolved so we can keep these things from getting out of control.

I hope this happens before we lose any members or guests.As I have a great deal of respect for so many.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                My Dad told me something when I was young that fits this situation perfectly, "More people get fired due to incompatibilty than incompetence".
                Bingo.
                Smart dad.

Comment

If astute is a lob-sided, single windsor J. garcia tie with mismatched sears sports jacket & pleated dockers...yup, I'm astute.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                    If I ask you how far apart should I space my studs to code in my house.You are not going give me 24"(garagers speed framing and commercial non bearing steel stud layout) because you are trying to impress me with your knowledge of variables.
                    Ouch!!!!!
                    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by mrs. westcoast View Post
                      wow...sylvan making a compliment to ducky...

How sweet ...is that a breakthrough of the day?

Astute- marked by practical hardheaded intelligence; "a smart businessman"; "an astute tenant always reads the small print in a lease"; "he was too shrewd to go along with them on a road that could lead only to their overthrow
                      Great quote except I found over the years if you want the work performed by three men hire one lady.

Non observant folks always remarked how great a dancer Fred Astaire was BUT the uneducated never looked at his dancing partners who did the same dance routine as he did but they did it in high heels.

I just give credit where it is do. Ducky calls it the way Ducky sees it. honesty is always refreshing

I just have to laugh when folks ask what is the best Jetter or the best piping materials or the best tools out there.

Wouldnt it depend on the application at hand?

I do appriciate the compliment on the mechanical rooms and why shouldn't someone do the best possible job they can?

I had some boiler rooms that when finished look more like a clean room for a computer operation.

If you leave a boiler /mechanical room in immaculate condition then chances are person who is going to take care of the equipment hopefully will also take pride in their work and keep the place as spotless as the day they took it over.

Even sewer and drain cleaning does not mean the people have to work like slobs.

Perfection is no accident...

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
                        Ouch!!!!!
                        No,No,I did not mean it in a bad way.

People are trying to get speed framing approved so wood can be used more efficiently.This is a good thing.It's just not allowed yet in alot of areas.

If it becomes code in my area I don't care.I was just making a point.

I'm sorry Mark

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                          No,No,I did not mean it in a bad way.

People are trying to get speed framing approved so wood can be used more efficiently.This is a good thing.It's just not allowed yet in alot of areas.

If it becomes code in my area I don't care.I was just making a point.

I'm sorry Mark
                          Its cool Adam, I knew what you were trying to say.

I think Crack is teaching me how to edit and make people look bad...

Its all in good humor...
                          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Guess I have some reading to do . Thanks' for the responce
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                              If astute is a lob-sided, single windsor J. garcia tie with mismatched sears sports jacket & pleated dockers...yup, I'm astute.
                              As a guy who has seen The Great Full Dead and owns Jerry Garcia solo records, I can tell you this: J. Garcia was no racist. I never heard him utter a racist comment. He never would. Therein lies the crux of your argument.
                              the dog

Comment

Funny to see to see g. garcia. I'm a guy with no music appreciation. In the 80s i bought some g. dead ,bill Graham presents posters in a sf bar. It was a slow sat. and a friend had some, when He cleaned out a warehouse for someone. Insisted i buy some for $5.00 each. Well My son in law is known as the plumber drummer. He flipped when I gave him the one with the Lions head.Have more wrapped in newspaper away from sun. Grandkids are in for a surprise someday?

Comment

Working...
                                X