• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thank you Josh!!!!!!

slyvan got what he came here for

he wanted to be famous, he got it.

he's the first senior active member to get the title "banned"

from what i've read posted by another member, this is not the first site to ban him. thus the reason why he has his own site.

the last 6 weeks or so has been interesting to say the least. more post were written to address his post and antics. i guess he knew how to stir up the pot.

not sure if he had an impact on the other forums, but the plumbers forum had more than it's share of him.

lets get back to honesty, integrity and the way we were pre-slyvan

thanks josh for letting it ride and keeping a watchful eye on the forum.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I agree with all of you.. really. Dog I admire you as a person and a member of this board. You give a lot of balance to the board and I totally understand your comments and I am fine if you disagree with me.

it was a tough call and I agree Sylvan could have been a good member of the forum. It just seemed like any good discussion that was started about the trades turned into a flame war started by sylvan. I enjoyed his responses when they weren't targeted at other members insulting them as a person. its disappointing that I had to take action.

Sylvan polluted the forum in that a lot of senior members were starting to get in the same type of insulting that he was dishing out. Racist comments came out in one so I figured that was enough.

You can agree or disagree on my decision but its what I felt was the best action. It may be a learning experience with negative consequences but I care about the members here and want to protect what this board is about. Sylvan didnt get it.

Josh

Comment

So much for freedom of speech huh. I think you could have banned him from posting a few days if you found his post offensive. But I see this confirms my belief that this all about a person popularity,more than an open discussion on topic that are posted. If a hand full of popular people cry out. cut the person off, he is gone.
        Oh well it's your play pen. soon to be full of yes men, No opposing point of view, that will rock NOT

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post
          So much for freedom of speech huh. I think you could have banned him from posting a few days if you found his post offensive. But I see this confirms my belief that this all about a person popularity,more than an open discussion on topic that are posted. If a hand full of popular people cry out. cut the person off, he is gone.
          Oh well it's your play pen. soon to be full of yes men, No opposing point of view, that will rock NOT
          Why does everyone think their freedom of speech rights apply to every message board they visit? This is not a Democracy, this is a Dictatorship. This one happens to be run by Josh. I kinda like the way he runs it and I'm sure most other members do as well.

Sylvan is a fckin blowhard and I'm glad hes gone. If you dont like it here, go follow him over to his board and see how far you get with your freedom of speech chant.

Comment

Freddy,That's a load of lateral back up!
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

If you do a bit of searching through sylvans latest posts you should be able to find the post that made the decision. I thought about deleting it but left it up as evidence and confirmation on my decision.

Josh

Comment

Last night I did a little research on Sylvan Tieger with a little google help and I found that this is not the only forum he had displayed his talents to piss people off. One topic that came up was called Lighten Up Sylvan Tieger I don't know much about Sylvan Tieger but I was thinking I could learn something from his post here on the forum. The felling I was getting was the same felling I had when I went to work for a plumber that moved here from New York. He seem to have the same attitude. After reading some of the other forums I found during my research on Sylvan Tieger I guess this in not the only place he`s warn out his welcome.
                I think I would rather learn from Rick and all the others
                Last edited by All Clear Sewer; 10-03-2007, 10:09 AM.
                http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post
                  Lets put it in terms you might understand.
                  When you get banned from a bar because the owner has been told by customers you drink too much and hassle the other patrons, you've been defeated by popular vote, yes.
                  Effectively your freedom of speech within that bar has been shut off too.
                  I personally had no beef with Sylvan, I'll even state that I liked SOME of his topics, as Josh said, he stirred the pot.
                  I'd been away on honeymoon when the whole thing really broke out and got ugly, I came home to a weeks worth of new posts and didn't take the time to read many of his, the longer ones.
                  I did finally see one that another member directed me to, he'd crossed the line in his pursuit of shock value attention.
                  Regardless how I felt, there was no denying that there were daily new threads/posts that were becoming increasingly more negative and insultive.
                  Those members have the right to engage in discussion on this forum without having to defend insult or defamation.
                  Stirring the pot in terms of food for thought is one thing, but there's a line, personal, racial or professional insult is that line.
                  Personally, I'm bummed it worked out that way, he had alot to offer.
                  In the end it appears he had trouble communicating frustration without personal insult.
                  As for racism, only a fool looks at any broad range of people based on their outward appearance and passes judgement.
                  Closes doors of opportunity when you won't take valuable advice from say, a 30 year vet in plumbing because he's jewish, italian, or black.

Comment

If I had to work with Sylvan Tieger I`d kick em in the junk
                    I fell that Josh did the right thing for many reason.
                    http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

WHAAT?

Sylvan got banned?

Get outta here. Really, You banned Sylvan?

No way.

Comment

yippee

ding dong the wicked witch is gone
                        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

it was the right decision, nevertheless..

Comment

Working...
                          X