X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: favorite tool in your toolbox and rothenberger questions

Lately I've been really appreciating my Wheeler Rex self feed ratcheting tubing cutters, great for tight spots and my rigid rt-100 soldering tongs again great for tight spots.

wookie

Comment

My Stream Light Luxeon 4aa flash light, loved it so much I bought a coworker one and four more for myself. Honarbable mention goes to my Klein 10 in 1 screw driver.

I have the Ridgid Plastic Nut Basin Wrench and it is good when you need it. I have used it maybe 10 times or so.
      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I`d have to say my FireStorm 18V flashlight That thing will out last anything I`ve ever tried to this date on a charge up. I have used it for 4hr`s nonStop and it still keeps shining
        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

mine has to be, the tool that never seems to be where it should be then i have to run out to buy another one(or two) only to return home to find out that i over looked it the frist time i looked for it.
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

My Milwaukee V28 reciprocating saw. I feel a cordless reciprocating saw is the second most-needed cordless tool after a drill. Awesome......although I am warming up to Ridgid's compact drill....

How about a thread on the tool that you hardly ever use but when you need it once a year(or less) it is worth the money?

In my case so far, that would be the Ridgid MaxSelect Caulk gun. Try doing 14 tubes of silicone like I recently did one Saturday afternoon....Well worth the money.

Only other tool that comes to mind is my torque wrench...I use it twice a year to torque the lawnmower blade on, but man does it make the job nice and easy and foolproof.

I'd post that thread but I haven't figured it out how to start a new thread yet. Feel free to post the thread idea if you wish, as I'm sure there are others who have a tool they hardly ever use and can hardly justify the cost. Yet when they need it, they can't live without it. My tiller comes to mind.....over a grand 5 years ago and probably run it for 20 minutes each summer.....yet that 20 minutes would be hours by hand, soooo...........
            I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
              How about a thread on the tool that you hardly ever use but when you need it once a year(or less) it is worth the money?

I'd post that thread but I haven't figured it out how to start a new thread yet.
              Click on a topic and you'll see the page with all the threads. Right above the threads is an icon "New thread". Click on that and you're set.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thanks gear junkie......I guess it wasn't obvious enough for me....
                I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

6 Ft Rule,420 & 6" channelocks, 1/4" Dr with a beam clamp socket,wrap-a-round, and a Port-a-band saw
                  Last edited by JRM638fitter; 12-20-2007, 08:57 PM.

Comment

This one I always forget-my O-ratchet set. There's a hole in the middle of the socket and ratchet head so you can use this to tighten all thread, tank bolts. Very useful set.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by JRM638fitter View Post
                      6 Ft Rule,420 & 6" channelocks, 1/4" Dr with a beam clamp socket,wrap-a-round, and a Port-a-band saw

What do you use your 6" channelocks on? Just curious.
                      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

426 channelocks/ 6'' are great for service work

the 420/ 9.5'' are 1 notch too small for a 1.5'' slip joint nut or trap.

the 430/ 10'' are perfect.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber_Rick
                          the 430/ 10'' are perfect.

Absolutely. And I think it's funny that the local Wal-Mart only sells 420s and 440s. I also carry a very large pair of Channellocks for such things as shower drains and flush valve nuts. In addition, I have some slightly smaller and small pump-type pliers that come in handy for various things. I carry my toolbox with my left arm and I think it's about 2" longer than my right arm . . .

Comment

Working...
                          X