Thread #1000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread #1000

Do I get a prize? How about one of those Ridgid Forum hats?

Bruce

Re: Thread #1000

Well you better start posting like Woussko. Thats all we really need around here, is everybody posting a bunch of crap to reach a 1000 post mark for a hat.

No offense there Brucestorey and Woussko, this place would turn into a word game every other post, not really what I would like to see.

Reaching the 1000 post mark honor, should not be about a hat or t-shirt, it should be about an accomplishment of what you have done here for others and what others has done for you. Learning and teaching and making friends is what this forum is all about.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

congrats on finally making it to a 1000 thread but the wood workers are already over 4000, ge at this this rate by the time you guys get to 4000 we should be at 16,000.

wonder why it takes 7-10 days to frame up a house and then 2-4 weeks to do all the plumbing.
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

garager it is 1000 threads, not 1000 posts, you silly grass hopper
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
          Well you better start posting like Woussko. Thats all we really need around here, is everybody posting a bunch of crap to reach a 1000 post mark for a hat.

No offense there Brucestorey and Woussko, this place would turn into a word game every other post, not really what I would like to see.

Reaching the 1000 post mark honor, should not be about a hat or t-shirt, it should be about an accomplishment of what you have done here for others and what others has done for you. Learning and teaching and making friends is what this forum is all about.
          I agree Wholly. The fact that there are 1,000 threads goes to show how much has been talked about on this forum. I am not taking credit for the 1,000 threads and I am not serious about a prize. I thought the title of this thread would act as a bookmark of when the 1,000th thread had been reached.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
            garager it is 1000 threads, not 1000 posts, you silly grass hopper
            Oh.....I see what you're saying/thinking. Once again.....I don't take credit for the 1,000 threads. I have nowhere near 1,000 posts and I don't think the posts I have authored have been too trivial. I have offered some advice and useful information -- I think. I have also asked many questions -- mostly serious, but some not. 1,000 threads is a true landmark of a group effort. 1,000 posts would be a personal achievement -- maybe good -- maybe not.

Bruce

Comment

I think maybe I better go back to bed and forget about work today......
              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post
                congrats on finally making it to a 1000 thread but the wood workers are already over 4000, ge at this this rate by the time you guys get to 4000 we should be at 16,000.

yes, but we also post an average of 9.8 responses to your average of 7.1
                therefore we are more efficient than you guys. we tend to refer people back to an established thread.

wonder why it takes 7-10 days to frame up a house and then 2-4 weeks to do all the plumbing.
                when i was doing new construction, we were a step ahead of the framers. we always had our risers stubbed up, sometimes prior to the sub-flooring. we never came in after the framing.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

pssssst. rick, i was joking, pass it on..........
                  9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    when i was doing new construction, we were a step ahead of the framers. we always had our risers stubbed up, sometimes prior to the sub-flooring. we never came in after the framing.

rick.
                    Buddy,

It hasn't changed. When at all possible, the plumbing is rammed in. Let the wood-choppers cut around it.

LONG LIVE PLUMBERS.

the dog
                    the dog

Comment

Not sure what the big deal is. On another HVAC forum I belong to, one topic has 21,399 threads by itself, that's one topic, not the entire forum. Some members have well over 10,000 posts. These are just numbers, let's worry about quality of the posts instead of whose's posting how many and so forth.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I'm surprised no one said it.Oh,wait for me to be the bad guy.
                        If this was a fickle board and wanted meaningless fluff to add post and thread count we would be plus one.I am glad it is not that way.I would find it challenging to hang,if at all

Comment

hope this isnt one of those numbers game..

Comment

Working...
                          X