X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof flashings

What roof flashings do you guys like for 3 and 4 inch pvc, that arent lead? Occasionally I have the need to penetrate roofs with a concentric vent kit and they are designed as such to not allow the use of a lead flashing which usually gets wrapped around inside the pipe.

I have been using the Oatey 3 and 4 inch aluminum no-caulk flashings and I havent had any call backs, but my dad just told me that the rubber on his is starting to split apart. Its 10 years old and on a 3/12 pitch so its not like its stretched beyond its capacity.

Another issue I had with the Oatey is on my own house, it wouldnt work on a 12/12 pitch. I had to use a 3 inch B-vent flashing, but there has to be a better way.

Re: Roof flashings

neoplrene step flasjing. you cut yopur own hole it steps from 11/2 to 4" and work great. i use them for the exact task you do i just did 2 today. they have an aluminum ring around the outside so you can mold them to the roof great for q-deck
    how is it that so many answers are in the instructions

Comment

Out here in our mild climate our roofers are supplied with standard flashings who's sizes depend on type of material asphalt shingle,torch down,stone or marble.The flexible aluminum is used only on S-tile roofs.For high pitch roofs we can order a higher pitched collar.

All of these are sealed with the their Henry's product or similar.I imagine this may not be the best product for colder climates.I could see a high maintenance issue with it cracking.

Comment

Oatey's are what I use, unless the pitch is too much, then neoprene or lead (on concrete tile roofs).

Comment

Working...
        X