X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Commercial job

[quote=plumbdog10;98587]
    Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    in the middle picture, what did you coat the top half of the pipe with?

why?

why bell and spigot and not no-hub?

just curiosity.

rick.[/QUOTE

Rick,

He appears to be working on a College, so I assume it was in his specs.

I'm with westcoast, the line should be tested before backfill and concrete. If it is running inside of the building a test would be required prior to backfill in California. If it is a storm sewer located outside of the puilding it normally does not require a test, although some juristictions require it. Grade on a large storm sewer is normally set by the civil engineer who provides invert elevations at various points, such as manholes, catch basins and lateral tie-ins.
    Right on the money we have elevation at various points which makes our job really easy.

I should have stated that we did test the line before the concrete and backfill, we just tied another line in a few days later and failed the complete line test.

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
      my problem is with the OSHA approved ladder
      how do you get away with that
      lol It has feet you just can't see them in that picture.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        Now thats a good looking ditch,nice to run pipe on something that's dug properly.

Can you elaborate on the leak,maybe when you find it
        Something like that would ruin my month

Some nice looking pipe though,how's your back

good luck on the leak.

Welcome to the forum
        Thanks My back really started hurting when the 24" insulated chill water pipe arrived and the ductile is soon to follow.

Comment

I wonder if it separated while backfilling.Looks like it's time for someone to do a Spielberg.
          My guess is the 45 that is right under 4 feet on concrete but thats just a guess at this point

Comment

[quote=plumbdog10;98587]
            Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            in the middle picture, what did you coat the top half of the pipe with?

why?

why bell and spigot and not no-hub?

just curiosity.

rick.[/QUOTE

Rick,

He appears to be working on a College, so I assume it was in his specs.

I'm with westcoast, the line should be tested before backfill and concrete. If it is running inside of the building a test would be required prior to backfill in California. If it is a storm sewer located outside of the puilding it normally does not require a test, although some juristictions require it. Grade on a large storm sewer is normally set by the civil engineer who provides invert elevations at various points, such as manholes, catch basins and lateral tie-ins.
            Don't they still have to ball and video outside the property lines

Comment

Sounds like a camera would be an excellent tool right now, you can see if a fitting was displaced while re-compaction of the spoil.

This will happen sometimes when the pipe isn't shaded properly and compacted properly.

Good luck, thanks for getting back to us, let us know what caused the test to fail.
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                Sounds like a camera would be an excellent tool right now, you can see if a fitting was displaced while re-compaction of the spoil.

This will happen sometimes when the pipe isn't shaded properly and compacted properly.

Good luck, thanks for getting back to us, let us know what caused the test to fail.
                UMM....YEAHHH....I'm with Robert on this one.

HE-HE-HE

Comment

UMM....YEAHHH....I'm with Robert on this one.

HE-HE-HE

Ummmmm, yeahhhhhh, I am with adam on this one
                  sigpic

Robert

Comment

Here are some pictures of some more rainwater we did this week. The civil engineer counted every floor on the parking deck as the roof so we have plenty of drainage.

Mostly 8" CI with a 4" for a clean out in the pictures. The pipe in the last picture was straightened before we back filled.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Also one of use backfilling.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Good job, glad you told us about the last picture, I am sure we would have caught that, you know us well already

Did or have you found the cause of the other leak? If so, did you re-dig, camera??

Thanks again!
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post

I really wish we had a camera, lol my company really does not like to buy anything like that so we rent everything.

As for the leak my guess at this point is the pipe itself has a small hole in it some were. We have been finding pieces with all types of defects recently. It seems this pipe is not as good as charlotte pipe which we have used in the past.

Comment

errr, that sucks if it has a hole, nothing worse then getting defective material. It's one thing to have a co worker mess up, but it's way worse to have defective material from a supply house.....
                            sigpic

Robert

Comment

15 years ago we looked for two days for a leak in a gas system in a new custom home under cunstruction.Soaped every thread connection multiple times.It ended up being a length of korean pipe who's seam had pinholes every few inches down the run of that section of pipe

Comment

nice work man i was just wondering if that ditch ladder was big enuff?

Comment

Working...
                                X