Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Commercial job

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
    I don't do too much rainwater, none for new construction, but your drain looks more then 2%, does your code regulate fall on rainwater? I would think that rainwater is like waste lines to a point, when the drain is graded to much the solids are left behind?? In this case it would be dirt, rocks, leaves etc.
    I was taught the same thing in plumbing school. Namely that pitch exceeding ~1/2" per foot resulted in the water leaving behind solids.

FWIW: I happened to read in Plumbing and Mechanical magazine sometime within the last six months a column, where the author, a mechanical engineer, described this belief as being untrue. His position was the more pitch the better.

Also, his position is that pipes that run more full tend to plug up less so he doesn't like to see drain lines oversized. It was an interesting article, I wish I recalled the author's name and which month.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Re: Commercial job

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
      I was taught the same thing in plumbing school. Namely that pitch exceeding ~1/2" per foot resulted in the water leaving behind solids.

FWIW: I happened to read in Plumbing and Mechanical magazine sometime within the last six months a column, where the author, a mechanical engineer, described this belief as being untrue. His position was the more pitch the better.

Also, his position is that pipes that run more full tend to plug up less so he doesn't like to see drain lines oversized. It was an interesting article, I wish I recalled the author's name and which month.
      Interesting thought. Some full scale tests should be in order. Call MythBusters!
      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Working...
      X