Planned Thursday Chat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planned Thursday Chat?

What do you all think about making it a point to be online in the chat room this coming Thursday night? I have been a couple of times, but both times there was nobody there -- well, once there was one person (paladin, I think) waiting for others to join-in, but he soon left.

I don't have anything particular I want to say and I certainly wouldn't want to be considered the "host" of a chat and have to lead a discussion, but I would like to meet you all in a more social and personal format.

I am usually in bed by 9:30PM eastern time, but I will stay up if I have this to look forward to.

What do you all think?

Bruce
    Last edited by brucestorey; 10-15-2007, 07:06 AM.

Re: Planned Thursday Chat?

It usually gets real good at about 930. There is a "Chat" topic and you can post on there asking what time everyone will be there. I'll be there about 930.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

simce i see you are an east coaster i know you were there right at 9 pm sharp. the problem is those dang plumber on the other coast that claim it it is something like 6 pm over there to them and i just don't belive them (they always bully me out of there) and very few of us wood butchers seem to get there but if you get there at 9:45 or 10:00 pm you might be in better shape. another thing you might want to do if there is something you really want to talk about is this, post what you want to talk about and a time 3-4 days in advance and come in here to promote it once a aday and 1-2 hours before it you have shuduled it.

hope that helps some
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Usually around 930 it will heat up, like Ben said....ive been on at times at 10pm and it just started to get going in there....cmon in, it gets fun in there...
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Well thats just the problem, not too many east coast and central timers go into the chat room. Thus I have waited up till 10:00 just to try and say hello. This time is also past my bed time, the women usually takes control of the chatting, so I never get to say anything (just kidding around here girls take it easy).

Well I would look forward to an earlier chat time, 6:00pm central or east would work just fine w/me.
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

There's a 3 hour time difference between us on the east side and those our west. I really think maybe it's about time to change the chat timing some. Maybe we can have both an east and a west chat. About the only way everyone can get in would be to start about 11pm eastern time which is 8pm out west. The west coast people need to get dinner over with before they will be showing up strong.

Bruce brings up a good point that he needs to get to bed so he can get off to work in the morning. I'm sure the same applies to others here on the east side.

Comment

how about fri night ?
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Bruce-for the West Coasters we are all just getting home. I make dinner for my hubby before he gets home so he can type and eat. Sometimes work/traffic make him late, but he shows up eventually.

OSC, we all met in the lounge for you last week! The problem for you was it was still the plumbing people

Garager, you love us! Without us there would be no gossip and you wouldn't know the secret, crazy habits of your fellow posters that ONLY get discovered in chat

This forum is filled with closet gossipers and yappers, but I won't spoil their secret identities

Everyone even managers to talk a little shop.

Joey
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I don't think its the time.I think it's about kicking the members in your time zone in the pants so you guys can get some fun time in.

Duck is absolutely a gladiator,this guy continuously stays up way late in his east coast time zone to flirt with the Westie Fems.(kidding)

Me,your not gonna find me in there too much.Not my thing.I think it's TDD Typing deficit dissorder
                  Last edited by drtyhands; 10-16-2007, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post

Garager, you love us! Without us there would be no gossip and you wouldn't know the secret, crazy habits of your fellow posters that ONLY get discovered in chat

This forum is filled with closet gossipers and yappers, but I won't spoil their secret identities

Everyone even managers to talk a little shop.

Joey
                    Ok, I'm guilty

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                    I don't think its the time.I think it's about kicking the members in your time zone in the pants so you guys can get some fun time in.

This guy gets up at 4:00 am, to me getting to bed at 8:00 pm is a relaxing time, eventually falling asleep at 10:00-11:00.

I also see you on in here at wee early in the mornings, thus we need our sleep when we can.

I do try to make it to the chats, but most of the time, my peace and quiet means a lot, kids will do that to you......

This thursday, I'll try to be on all time zones, slow week for me and today it is raining cats and dogs.
                    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Adam, you're too funny.
                      I have several small commercial clients that I do night work for, I also tend to work later in the day or nights even as a convenience for my customers to not have to miss work (keeps the repeat customers happy).

As for flirting with fems, dude, trust me, I got all o dat here...too much for that matter.

I'm just lucky if I'm in the room without nodding off...Joey kept checking me last week, I don't blame her.

Comment

No offense to anyone, but some of us have to work for a living and sleep when we can.

Speaking of that, I need to get priorities in line or my 14 years of marriage might not carry on too much longer.

Yep, its 8:30 here and I am still at the office.

Regards,

Comment

Biscuit, are you insinuating that the people who chat don't work?

Wow, someone must come and magically pay all of our bills. Oh wait, I do have a bill fairy visit my house.
                          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

No that's not it, I was just in a bad mood last night. WE have been working some crazy hours on projects that require all word to be done at night and we(management) are working around 18-20 hour days at times and we are working 7 days a week.

The books look good, but it is starting to wear down on all of us.

Comment

Working...
                            X