X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $ 19.99 Hand BILGE PUMP ????

Cabelas Fishing supply, on line Has a sea breeze hand bilge pump.

Always used wet vac, or sponges to clean water outa toilet tank ,but this should work just fine!! Whata You think????
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: $ 19.99 Hand BILGE PUMP ????

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Cabelas Fishing supply, on line Has a sea breeze hand bilge pump.

Always used wet vac, or sponges to clean water outa toilet tank ,but this should work just fine!! Whata You think????
    It would work, a plunger and a wet sponge will work too. The question is what is more efficient. I think the shop vac.
    the dog

Comment

as far as bilge pumps go...

there is nothing more efficient than a man knee deep in water with a bucket

i have a small wet vac.

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

bilge pumps sometimes leave some water & wet/dry vacs are cool
        but if im trying to fly through a toilet replacement,
        id rather not have to make an extra trip banging vac around house to suck out bowl & tank
        i use a good tile sponge to get water in tank, then bowl, then to caulk after install
        & i eat a turkey sandwich before washing

Comment

You can always pick out the plumber on the job! He's the guy that never eats the end of His sandwich!!!
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

When I work on a toilet, I suck it dry with my DeWalt 2 gallon shop vac. It's light, fast, and battery powered so you don't need an outlet near by.

Comment

I would use this for sucking the water out of meter boxes or from holes I have dug to make repairs on water services

Not on toilets, it won't suck it all dry and are you going to hold a bucket to catch the water?

Shop vacs are the best for toilets, these are excellent for meter boxes etc.
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

I have that same hand bilge pump, but from West Marine. I use it all of the time to pump-out meter crocks and sometimes to empty toilets, but it does still leave a little water in the bowl. It will suck-up the nasties left in a bowl that won't flush -- you know -- when you have to pull a toilet to snake. I will usually pump the nasties into a bucket, but the hose is usually long enough to pump "clean" water into a sink, shower or tub. It gets enough water out of the bowl where you don't have to be so careful carrying it out if you are doing a replacement. It's definitely worth the twenty bucks you'll spend on it.

Bruce

Comment

Thanks' Bruce.,this was just a guess on My part, now I'll buy one

Comment

Working...
                  X