Residential Roughing/Finish Preferences

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Residential Roughing/Finish Preferences

Thanks Mark for that info, I have heard it before, a very long time ago, just forgot, see, things you don't use, you lose.

I am so used to using the ABS type w/o's
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Robert,
      I haven't seen the ABS W/O's they are putting out these days so I don't know if this matters.
      Last week one of my contractors sister had a master jacuzzi tub that needed some maintenance.one of the items was the stopper wasn't sealing.The thin rubber washer was missing.What a pain to find that exact size.I like the brass better than the thin ABS one I was working on.The brass has a solid,heavy sliding stop and a brass adjustment rod,unlike the forementioned with it's rusted steel rod and nut.GARBOOJE

Comment

Item: My Answers

Drainage type PVC/DWV.....C.I. no hub for upper floors if they wanna pay

Water pipe type Copper L or K if underground (if they wanna pay)

Gas Pipe type Galvanized from meter wrapped with 10 mil. if underground...... Brasscraft Yellow flex @ fixtures.

Tub/Shwr valves Delta R10000unws with T17430 trim, Grohe, Hansgrohe

Body sprays /volume controls/ Hand held sprayer Kohler, Grohe

Shower pans Copper pan base for tile & marble, cultured marble for econo plumbing.

1/2/3 Pc. fiberglass tub/shwr Never

Tubs I recommend only Kohler C.I., anything else the customer decides on. Briggs pressed steel for rentals with tubs 54" and 48".

Tub drains Only Kohler K-7160TF/AF series

Whirlpool ? Whatever the customer wants.

Water heater Ruud, Rheem, Richmond, Bradford White, whatevers available.

wash. mach. pan or flr. drn. N/A

Boiler N/A

Toilets Kohler or Toto

Pedestals Any, all of em' are a PIA.

Faucets Delta, Kohler, Grohe, Hansgrohe

Stainless Steel kitchen sink ? Self rimming - Elkay......Undermount - C Tech I, http://www.dovae.com/sinks/ctech%20sinks/c_tech_i.html# These SS undermounts are made in Italy, Check out the Lutecia model, I bought this for $400 total, shipped Fedex 2nd day to Hawaii. The quality on this sink is thru the roof, 10" deep, High polished 16 gauge bowls with 15 gauge mounting flange, good sound proofing, comes in a red cloth bag with a bunch of accessories. This model is the largest double compartment undermount available I believe.

Basket Strainer Kohler or if econo job..Deep Cup (Zurn, Dearborn, Proflo)

Hose bib We use Arrowheads here

Finishes Chrome

I don't like the ABS/PVC w&o, there is no way to secure the overflow pipe when you gotta snake them, it runs the risk of breaking something. The KOHLER waste & overflow has the extra securing bracket and the Brass drain ring as well as the overflow plate will last forever.

I didnt' know they made brass slip joint washers, I know of the lead types.
        Here in Hawaii, if we solder the w&o drains, an access isn't required. As an added measure, I still use the SJ nuts & washers though.

Comment

thanks for posts guys
          i learned/got ideas about 10 things w/ this thread

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
            Robert,
            I haven't seen the ABS W/O's they are putting out these days so I don't know if this matters.
            Last week one of my contractors sister had a master jacuzzi tub that needed some maintenance.one of the items was the stopper wasn't sealing.The thin rubber washer was missing.What a pain to find that exact size.I like the brass better than the thin ABS one I was working on.The brass has a solid,heavy sliding stop and a brass adjustment rod,unlike the forementioned with it's rusted steel rod and nut.GARBOOJE

Yeah, they make 2 sizes for the tip toe drains, the thing I do not like about the linkage is after awhile they break and the bell falls in the drain, great job for the micro thought, to see it and pull it out.

I have had a few jobs where I have been abl to get the bell out with a coat hanger, but had a couple I had to get under the house.

As for the abs waste and overflows, mentioned by another memeber here, the manufacture I get mine from have a bracket on the overflow tube, so I never have any problem with that, now with the slip joint, you have abetter chance of the overflow moving or falling apart.
            sigpic

Robert

Comment

adam before you buy 1.5'' slip joint ferrules, check with me. i have hundreds of the 1/2 ferrules. the full double bevel ones are too deep and don't work. i also have plenty of the lead ferrules.

trade you some brass ferrules for steel shot i have lead

rick.

havn't installed a tub access panel since 1981. other than for a spa motor.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X