E Quake San Jose

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E Quake San Jose

Felt it in Marin. Not enough to trip Our E QUAKE gas valve. When I pull any gas permit in Marin Co. I must add valve. I charge $400 materials,permit fee, and labor. Imagine west coast crew is doing the same. I have 3 decks loaded with termites to estimate tomorrow. She's a great customer. When She bought this home She had an old time plumbing Co. install an E Q shut off. Sat Dads doing some yard work.smells gas big time. Calls PGE . They find shut off was on P G E side of the meter,not customers side ,and is leaking. They remove it. Not sure if It was permitted and inspected,will find out. The best part is They refused to give a dime back.!This isn't Ben You Know Who ! I'll pull the permit and do it right under My gen. B license.
    The Hacks Here have a c-36 , I don't! Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: E Quake San Jose

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    Felt it in Marin. Not enough to trip Our E QUAKE gas valve. When I pull any gas permit in Marin Co. I must add valve. I charge $400 materials,permit fee, and labor. Imagine west coast crew is doing the same. I have 3 decks loaded with termites to estimate tomorrow. She's a great customer. When She bought this home She had an old time plumbing Co. install an E Q shut off. Sat Dads doing some yard work.smells gas big time. Calls PGE . They find shut off was on P G E side of the meter,not customers side ,and is leaking. They remove it. Not sure if It was permitted and inspected,will find out. The best part is They refused to give a dime back.!This isn't Ben You Know Who ! I'll pull the permit and do it right under My gen. B license.
    The Hacks Here have a c-36 , I don't! Tool

I wish we could get $400.00 down here, I used to be able to get 750.00, 6 years ago, now the price is down to $200.00 with a permit, I know one guy without a license getting 150.00, not sure what he is doing for permits.

Thanks Again fellow "plumbers"
    sigpic

Robert

Comment

Up here in N Ca. PG&E Uses a T with plug. While visiting friends in San Diego, I noticed The gas Co. uses a 90 ,no plug. Just how is this plug used??
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Up here in N Ca. PG&E Uses a T with plug. While visiting friends in San Diego, I noticed The gas Co. uses a 90 ,no plug. Just how is this plug used??

If I remember correctly the plug is removed so the gas company can test......

They also remove the plug and insert a rubber plug when they have to lock a system because of a leak or a no pay.

Now days so cal gas is using a lock box on the meter head when they have a leak on the residential side, this way the plumber has to pressure test the system to locate the leak, a good idea if you ask me
        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Thanks' for the info Robert

Comment

the plug is actually for doing a bypass connection. they actually can supply gas through this tee while changing a regulator or meter even if the customer is not at home.

no it's not a tee for a bbq or pool line

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I have contacted the gas company to find out what the reason for the tee and the plug is.

I will post the info when I get it back from the gas company

The gas company hates it when someone hooks on to it, you have no clue how many times I have seen someone add a line off that tee, completely wrong
              sigpic

Robert

Comment

Rick answered it this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  Rick answered it this morning.

Not to doubt rick, but I wanna get the answer from the horses mouth.

Maybe there are other reasons we don't know about
                  sigpic

Robert

Comment

You mean a jackass isn't close enough?
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                      Not to doubt rick, but I wanna get the answer from the horses mouth.

Maybe there are other reasons we don't know about
                      if i knew how to "whinnie" i would

all i know ho to do is win

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        the plug is actually for doing a bypass connection. they actually can supply gas through this tee while changing a regulator or meter even if the customer is not at home.

no it's not a tee for a bbq or pool line

rick.

Dear Robert

Thank you for your feedback received on The Gas Company's Website.

Your message has been received. Yes the plug is for testing and changing
                        the meter. This also is the tee that a plumber would use to test for
                        leaks.

If we can be of further assistance, please call our Customer Service
                        Department at (800)427-2200 open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, or
                        select "Feedback" on our home page to communicate by email.

There you guy's go, the answer from the Gas Company. So, all in all Rick, it was a draw, if you read back you said "Actually" implying I am wrong.

This makes me more right then you, so I guess you can't count this as a win my buddy.
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

Thanks Robert , We keep on learning

Comment

[QUOTE=westcoastplumber;
                            if you read back you said "Actually" implying I am wrong.
                            [/QUOTE]

Rick didn't imply you were wrong. You inferred it!

No fair cheating and pm-ing me--get a dictionary this time
                            I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by westcoastplumber View Post
                              Dear Robert

Thank you for your feedback received on The Gas Company's Website.

Your message has been received. Yes the plug is for testing and changing
                              the meter. This also is the tee that a plumber would use to test for
                              leaks.

If we can be of further assistance, please call our Customer Service
                              Department at (800)427-2200 open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, or
                              select "Feedback" on our home page to communicate by email.

There you guy's go, the answer from the Gas Company. So, all in all Rick, it was a draw, if you read back you said "Actually" implying I am wrong.

This makes me more right then you, so I guess you can't count this as a win my buddy.
                              please explain the last time you every used the tee to test for a leak. i sure hope nobody does a gas test against a meter without first capping it off or removing it. all i've ever seen this used for is a bypass connection for the gas co and anyone who pressure test at this tee without removing the meter is not a plumber. we use a 10#test. i guess i could use a manometer to do a low pressure fall off test.
                              they use to use the tee to internally plug the gas line. now they just padlock off the gas main cock instead.

not questioning you, just the gas co's response.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X