Rough in of Pex though concrete floor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough in of Pex though concrete floor

I'm new to this so be kind. Pex has just be approved in my area of Nebraska, and I'm looking at a job that require Pex piping. I will need to rough it threw a concrete slab.
    Any suggestions on the proper method.

Re: Rough in of Pex though concrete floor

make sure you run it in a conduit.

Rehau can supply it already sheathed for this application. Cant remember the product code right now.

If crossing a slab run a spare conduit/s or pex line/s just to have options when things get broken by the concretors.

and make sure you are there when the slab gets poured, ready to make emergency repairs.

Comment

This is the system for wirsbo made by uponor

Pre-sleeved Wirsbo AQUAPEX Tubing

Uponor has added red and blue high-density polyethylene (HDPE) corrugated sleeves to 1⁄2" Wirsbo AQUAPEX┬« tubing for use in hot and cold water distribution systems. The corrugated sleeve provides protection for installations in concrete slabs or soil, and allows for easy removal and replacement of the tubing if required. In addition, the red and blue color-coded sleeves easily identify hot and cold water lines.

I am sure rehau makes somethign also along htese lines, it is easy, but I am sure it comes with at a cost.
      sigpic

Robert

Comment

Thanks for the information. I will talk to my supplier about these sleves. thanks again.

Comment

Working...
        X