X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plumbers Confessions , Be Honest

We all have a little work to do on our own homes. You know , the wife is needing a Plumber ,and threatens to bring in the competition ,to do YOUR OWN PLUMBING !!!

With Me, its new sink,faucet, and make the bloody Lav. popups work
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Plumbers Confessions , Be Honest

My wife just sends one of our service techs if she thinks it's taking me too long to get around to it.

Comment

joey keeps bugging me to bring all my plumbing stuff to the shop.

you can't put all your eggs in 1 basket. what if something happens here or there?

that's why the back up's have back up's

see what you started tool

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I've got a drip in a 30-year-old Peerless faucet. I suppose I'll have to fix it again. Heck, I've already fixed it three times! (Not bad for thirty years, I suppose.)

Edited to add pic:

Last edited by Herk; 11-05-2007, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Oh Tool, you have just started a rumble in my house

I have to threaten to call in the competition too Must be a plumber's wife thing. I usually fix the stuff I can. . . I am an impatient waiter
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Toilet set 3 years ago, rocks. Needs caulked/shimmed/bolts cut and capped.

Insta-hot water dispenser sitting on 3 bricks under sink.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

The floor cleanout gasket leaks when the sewer backed up last summer.

She said it's not supposed to do that is it?

I said it's an early warning system telling me the sewer is about to back up

Comment

It's always more fun to do work for other people than it is to do work at home. That's our problem and I really have a serious case of it. My "Things To Do" list is over 50 pages long now. This is the list of things to do at home.

Comment

I'm obviously not a plumber but our computer is running horrible at home right now and I cant seem to find the time to fix it even though i know exactly what needs to be done.

Comment

No matter what the profession, you know how it goes-the shoemakers kids never have shoes
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Master bath is prepped for gutting (water is valved off and shower trim is removed), just have not gotten around to the demo/re-frame/re-brick and frame garden window/fill in old roman tub/re-wire/re-plumb/re-rock/re-paint/re-tile part of it...
                      Sheesh - sounds like so much when written that way...LOL

(but I do happen to know a plumber who can do most of it when the time comes...*snicker*)

Comment

I`m lucky I guess as I did a total replumb on my house before I moved in, well except the kitchen faucet .
                        I had a new one but just never got around to doing the install. The dry-wall guys screwed it up before we moved in and it would turn any more. the other half was yelling at me that she was gonna call One Hour to install the new faucet if I didn't get it done. It took me a little over 1 1/2 years but 2 months ago I did the install.....rotflmao
                        All is well now
                        http://www.all-clear-sewer.com/

Comment

It's my parents that give me the most work. Every time I visit for family fun, it turn into a do list. I guess I owe my parents something for all the food I ate growing up.
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Almost forgot ! Above The laundry in the cabinet a brand new watts water shut off with water sensor for floor pan ! Not soo new, been there 4 years !
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

lol to this thread!!!...something is stuck in my guest hallway toilet!!...i keep a plunger next to the toilet to prevent the embarrasment of my female guest having their bombs not go down!!..lol...i have to auger it every now and then...i think my son flushed a toothbrush in it and got it stuck over 5 YEARS AGO!!....i guess i need to pull it up for free!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X