smart toilets???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smart toilets???

check this out http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/223/popup/index.php?cl=4890121
    9/11/01, never forget.

Re: smart toilets???

Originally posted by oldslowchevy View Post

Smart toilets where the ones with 4 walls with a board laying across, hole in the center and a stick at the door to make sure the cobwebs were given the "all clear".

No water whatsover, dry well technology at its optimum standard. No moving parts unless you consider your *** part of that equation when you realize there was a wasp nest directly under the opening where you dropped the homemade toilet seat down.

And the benefit of such tradition is 40-80 years later the history buffs basically dig up and play in all of it looking for relics, pieces of history, pill bottles and old coins as those outhouses were used as garbage cans as well.

No treatment of sewage. AFAIK I've never heard of anyone dying from the groundwater contamination (definitely exists, especially cisterns drawn for water) but I wouldn't want to see this way come back since the world is so overpopulated.

(heads to outhouse)
    Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 11-06-2007, 07:39 PM.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
      And the benefit of such tradition is 40-80 years later the history buffs basically dig up and play in all of it looking for relics, pieces of history, pill bottles and old coins as those outhouses were used as garbage cans as well.

(heads to outhouse)
      I wonder if they'll find the cat my sister threw down ours when I was a kid? (We didn't get "indoor plumbing" 'til I was about 8 yrs old. Then my dad dug a septic tank which was constructed of bricks stacked in a spiral pattern (no mortar) including the cone shaped top. We got sewer service when I was about 16, so we dug out to the street (1/2 bubble on the level slope) and hooked up the clay pipe. The sewer came out of the basement about 5' below ground level, so it was this skinny kid that got to dig out the trench with a mattox pick and a tile spade. Dad had a rope tied to me in case the sides caved in. (Considering how I acted when I was 16, he probably wouldn't have been in much hurry to dig me out!!). That was in '63 and as far as I know, that is still the line servicing the old house. We sold it when my Mom died in '99. House was originally built in the 1860's.

Go
      Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

There ya go; you've experienced both designs over your lifetime.

I did work for a customer that was furious with the state for forcing her to have indoor plumbing.......????

And the plumbing she did put in.....it wasn't pretty either.

Door for a drop-in sink propped on landscape timbers with dirt on them from being out in the yard...????

Steel tub against bare walls, faucet hand made with cpvc valves (thermostatic valves weren't required yet)

Toilet sitting on a pallet with a sign nailed to the top of the slats....nearly 6" off the floor.....???

You get the picture I'm sure.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
        X